1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

IC problem question

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Thelauriebelle1, Jan 12, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Thelauriebelle1

Thelauriebelle1 Peer Supporter

Hi everyone! I used mindbody techniques years ago to end IC pain. It has resurfaced! I used a home dip stick and the first one showed nitrites so I took Macrobid. I started feeling better and then the antibiotic started making me feel sick so I stopped. The dip stick is showing leukocytes now but no nitrites so I’m beginning to think it was never a uti but I’m wondering if I should start back the antibiotic since I’m still feeling a little burn down there. I’m so confused! I’m also healing from 2 cold sores and hemorrhoids! I know I’m hypersensitive right now but could the leukocytes just be from the irritable bladder? And if by Sarnos thoughts are that it doesn’t cause structural issues then how do the extra wbc’s not cause harm? Any advice would be appreciated!!

2. Marls

Marls Well known member

Try googling D-mannose for UTIs. I’ve had quite a history with UTIs, and antibiotics can cause havoc sometimes. I used this for one episode and no infection since. Might help, cheers marls

Dorado likes this.
  3. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

D-mannose is indeed effective for UTIs caused by E. coli as it literally pulls the bacteria out of your urinary tract without devastating your overall flora. It's definitely something to ask your physician about; they can confirm whether an infected is caused by E. coli and help with dosing advice as well as provide other important information.

I have also had UTI symptoms persist after the infection has cleared up, or symptoms pop up without there being any infection in the first place. I even had visible symptoms such as strange discharge, but there was never any identifiable illness. For me, it was all TMS/the mind-body connection.

Regarding leukocytes, I know some members on this forum have previously discussed their experiences. Here's one example where one member's urologist says that stress can indeed present as leukocytes but no infection in the urine: http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/holy-moly-where-does-this-come-from.18018/ (Holy moly where does this come from?)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020