1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

I healed

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by clairem, Mar 7, 2019.

1. clairem

clairem Peer Supporter

Hi all, not been on here in yrs I don't think. I just wanted to say I healed from fibromyalgia /tms using sarno method and modern pain theory from the likes of lorimer moseley. Just wanted to say it is absolutely possible to recover from fibro. Over 3 yrs now for me. Patience and persistence.
    X

JanAtheCPA, Ellen, Snowman and 2 others like this.
  2. Marls

Marls Peer Supporter

Good job!!!!! So so happy for you. A quick post like that gives everybody a lift.

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi clairem,

Congratulations on your success with fibromyalgia!!

I wonder if you'd be willing to post on the success stories section, and if you could give more details. I looked back to see your last post here was 2015 and you were still in some fear about success, I believe.

Folks would benefit from more: what worked, how did you get through obstacles, how long did it take you, what did your TMS therapist do that helped?

In any case, I'm very happy for you.

Andy B

4. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Congratulations! Thanks for coming back to the Forum to let people know about your recovery.

5. stayfit65

stayfit65 Peer Supporter

I’d sure love to read your success story. What you felt helped you most. If you get time could you pls post it? :)

6. Gusto

Gusto Peer Supporter

Thanks Clairem for the mention of Lorimer Moseley, I've been reading the Explain Pain book and it makes so much sense. For me at least as a man of science it resonates a lot more than the repressed rage rave.. although that may play a more prominent role for some. I spiralled in to extreme peripheral neuropathic pain after a bout of high stress and then health anxiety. It makes sense that I overloaded my brain with danger signals (DIMS) which changed the physiology and sensitization of my neurones, my extreme focus amplified the signals and created an negative feedback loop. It seems the resolution is very inline with Sarno, Alan Gordon etc. The corner stone being education .. once you BELIEVE you know what's going on with your body (whether thats sensitization, repressed emotions or pain pathways) you remove the threat thus helping to break the cycle. Once you are convinced there is nothing permanently damaged, resume physical activity etc you are conveying to your brain (or your subconscious if you will) that you are healthy then your physiology gradually retrains and creates a virtuous cycle.

That's my take anyway.

How exactly did you put these principles in to practice to enact your recovery?

Many thanks