1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

I HAVE A QUESTION..!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Lostboy, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Lostboy

Lostboy Peer Supporter

Hello everyone.
    I Wana ask that, if I am going through the same situation but with other person, the situation or emotional state that I think is responsible for my Tms.

Is this a golden chance for me to get rid of from tms? ??? or its gonna more hard because my brain gonna protect me more this time from that emotional trauma????

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

It is possible... If you can see the psychological process repeating that you have had before and that gave you pain//repression - then you can address it. As long as you can see the triggers which got you before - surely you can then deal with it in a different way. We cannot change other people - but we can change how we react to them. Sometimes we repeat an experience to that we can 'do it over' and get it right. good luck

Lostboy and Ellen like this.
  3. Lostboy

Lostboy Peer Supporter

It was one and half year of depression.. With self criticism. From 2013 to 2014 After that I am having this sciatica pain.. Same thing is happening with me from last year.. I'm dealing with same behavior that I did in past .. I know the emotions that my brain want to hide and trying to focus my attention on sciatica pain.. I know everything but I'm not able to get rid of this pain... What to do.. Its frustrating..

4. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

Are you doing the Structured Educational Programme? if not - then do it! It is a good way to explore issues and how to deal with them - if it doesn't address everything - it certainly gives you a shove in the right direction. I didn't realise how much anger and resentment I had...but it became apparent when doing the SEP - I then had to find more ways of dealing with it. I read 'anger' books but it didn't work for me - (beating my pillow with a tennis racquet, screaming out at my parents etc..!) In the end I found a meditation technique that worked perfectly for me and allowed me to deal with the years of built up anger... it took time!
    If you are on the SEP - keep at it... at some point something will 'click' for you - and show you in what direction to go...

Lostboy likes this.
  5. Lostboy

Lostboy Peer Supporter

Thank you hecate105
    I am doing Alan Gordon multimedia pain recovery program.. Its mine 8th day... I will also try SEP.. thank you for your valuable suggestion...I hope you have a speedy recovery and me too..☺️✌️

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
    hecate105 likes this.