1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 19 I got Covid again, but this time I feel great.

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by LDee, Feb 2, 2021.

1. LDee

LDee Newcomer

This is my first post, I hope I do it right.

I have suffered with chronic back pain for years following a microdiscectomy on L5-S1. I also had my Gallbladder removed and a femoral hernia surgery. I also have Ulcerative Colitis, pretty text book long term TMS :)

Jan 2020 my husband and I got covid and about 4 months later the horrendous long covid symptom's began. The worst of the symptoms was chronic joint pain particularly in the old injury site L5-S1. I was immobile, for months I really thought I would have to leave my job and sell our family home without an income to be able to facilitate our lifestyle. However with a lot of alternative therapy and then stumbling upon DR Sarnos work I started to see real improvements.

By Day 6 of the course I was amazed to discover I had no pain,,,,, none for the first time in at least a year. I was overjoyed.

Then 9 days ago I tested positive for Covid again. Im pleased to say Im through the worst of the initial stages. I really see the impact of this programme in how I perceive this situation. It could be that I have another kickback in a few months and physically I go a few steps back but I now know I have the key. The doctors dont need to know exactly what long covid will look like for me because I have control over my body. I just need to listen to it more, be ok with not being ok and face this. I have learned to view myself in a much kinder way.

I was very much of the mind set...my body has failed me I am afraid of it I cant trust it, it will let me down. Now I think im am so lucky because my body is magic and if I can get my mind body connection sorted by really listening, I can stop living my life searching for the cure to all my ills.

I cant believe this resource is here, for free. Its such a gift to people.

Thank you

M
    Scotland

ChronicVince, HattieNC and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Whew, @LDee - you've been through it. And you used your TMS knowledge to help you!

I've always said that TMS awareness and techniques are not just for TMS - but that understanding the mindbody connection can also accelerate the healing process from illness and injuries, with less pain and suffering along the way. I have experienced this myself.

ChronicVince likes this.
  3. LDee

LDee Newcomer

@JanAtheCPA thanks for my first reply :) this works!!! Its great to find something that actually works, hoping for a good transition out of the current bout of Covid. Thanks for the reply

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi LDee and Welcome!
    Glad you're feeling the magic and confidence. For your second round of Covid, you might look into Ivermectin...

You really get the TMS work. My congratulations!

By the way, love my Scottish Walkers shortbread cookies!

You might like this post, which I see in you.
    https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/ease-trust-success-and-positive-loops.19807/ (Ease, trust, success, and positive loops)

Andy

5. LDee

LDee Newcomer

@Andy Bayliss Thank you so much for your kind comments. You are the second person who has recommended this to me actually Im definitely checking it out. Your post is great, and yes its something I can relate to so much. Its such a wonderful thing to know that other people get it and are there to support the journey.

Oh yes the Shortbread is very very good, sadly even in Scotland though it doesn't constitute one of our 5 a day....that hasn't stopped me putting more of that into my body that fruit and veg :)Thank you so much for taking the time to message me and send me the link to your wonderful post.

LDee

6. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

You're welcome LDee. I am looking forward to learning more as you post your progress on the Structured Education Program, or ask questions.
    Andy