1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 I am here with hope

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by ikiwismet, Jul 10, 2019.

1. ikiwismet

ikiwismet New Member

Real hope born of experience using Sarno's Healing Back Pain for years to control my back pain but never truly getting to a point of being free of TMS.

I am now experiencing an 8 week episode that started with a week of low back pain, this switched to hip and leg pain as I was doing my review of the daily reminders and rereading sections of the book. I ended up seeing my MD who referred me to an orthopedist who basically confirmed there was no hip problem to worry about. He offered anti inflammatory drugs without indicating there was any inflammation. I have usually been able to banish the back pain in a few hours or days but this hip pain, which has happened only once before about a year ago has been harder to beat. Last year the MD sent me to a neurologist for tests, not too pleasant an experience, and somewhat inconclusive.

The litany of equivalents I have had; low back pain, leg and hip pain, heel pain, tennis elbow, depression, allergies, obsessive compulsive disorder, acid reflux, irritable bowel, vertigo, tinnitus, and perhaps more. Almost of these have been sent packing with psychotherapy or the application of knowledge. Those that linger are the obsessive compulsive, occasional vertigo, tinnitus, and the recurring back/hip/leg pain.

2. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Hello...having lots of symptoms (I have like 12 or something) is annoying! However, keep being persistent. Sounds like you are on the right track!

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. ikiwismet

ikiwismet New Member

Thanks for the support, I've been working on this for so many years without knowing about all the resources available beyond the book Healing Back Pain. Feels like I might be able to get to a much better place with this process.