1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

I am brand new to TMS Forum

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Zen555, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Zen555

Zen555 New Member

After suffering with pain and an MRI showing herniated disc and possible torn ligament, I was referred to a surgeon. Somehow I could not accept that Surgery was the answer. My appointment is April 25. I researched and prayed for another option. As I do not believe in coincidence, a co-worker and friend, left a copy of Dr. Sarno's book, "Healing Back Pain", on my desk at work. That was the answer I had been searching for! While I am new on this journey, I feel completely confident that I have TMS and want to pursue this fully. I am thankful for this forum and looking forward to working on my psychologically based cure!

Richsimm22 likes this.
  2. Richsimm22

Richsimm22 Well known member

3. Zen555

Zen555 New Member

Yes!!! I am on Day 1. Kim Ruby's article was powerful!

Richsimm22 likes this.
  4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Zen. Welcome to TMSWiki and healing! That co-worker was wonderful to leave you the Sarno book.
    It is really a miracle book. You can look at my posts to learn about my pain and healing, and Herbie's,
    and others. Richsimm also was great to suggest doing the SE program.

Visit the wiki every day if you can. You will soon see you are part of a very special club of caring people.

Richsimm22 likes this.
  5. Mermaid

Mermaid Well known member

Hi Zen,

Welcome to the forum. It's a great moment when you find out about TMS isn't it - the birth of HOPE.

You have exactly the right attitude to heal, just take it at your own pace and relax. Fear of pain and the effect it has on your life, work to keep it alive - LOSE THE FEAR, LOSE THE PAIN.

TMS healing really works, you'll be absolutely fine. There are a lot of knowledgable, kind people on the forum who will support along the way.

Bless you :joyful:

6. Hellie

Hellie New Member

Hello, I am still trying to determine whether or not TMS is the one and only issue with me. I certainly agree that emotional issues are at play, but can't pain also have a real basis, for example stiffness after sitting in one position too long? I have been dealing with pain all over my body for many years. I was recently diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis, and I have had problems with depression since I was a teenager. I have some of the qualities for a person with TMS but I can't say I overwhelmingly see myself pictured with those common traits.

7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hellie, Interstitial Cystitis is a new one to me. How these doctors come up with such ailments amazes me.

You sound like you have just plain and simple everyday TMS, like most if not all of us have.
    So too with depression. Show me someone who is never depressed and I will show you a court jester.

Are you journaling or just thinking about repressed emotions, especially those going back to your childhood?
    That's where you will find your way to being without pain and finding joy in every day instead of being depressed.

Who wouldn't be depressed, if they watch tv news or the stupid movies and tv shows, or read the newspaper.

We have to make our own world, the world God intended us to live in happily while helping others.
    That will keep us too busy to worry or feel pain or be depressed.

8. Mermaid

Mermaid Well known member

Hi Hellie,

Interstitial Cystitis is definitely a TMS equivalent, I can tell you this from experience. I had it off and on, but it's gone with TMS healing.

Bless you :joyful:

Richsimm22 likes this.
  9. Hellie

Hellie New Member

Thank you for your encouragement!