1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 3 I´m in

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by zuzana621, Jan 8, 2016.

1. zuzana621

zuzana621 New Member

Hello everybody, my name is Zuzana, I am 35 and I am from Prague, Czech Republic. I wanna thank the creators of this site that they put the information public. Coincidently I have found a video on youtube, where Dr. Sarno gave a seminar to TMSers. Immediately I identified myself with almost every word he said and wanted to try his method. I feel hope and happiness that the answer to all of this suffering exists.

To make the long story short. My symptoms since I remember:
    - lower back pain (3 times in the year 2015 it got so much worse that I could not sit nor stand nor walk, the worst pain always passed cca after 2 weeks of lying in bed),
    - headache (usually comes with menses)
    - need to be liked by others, to be approved
    - fear to decide
    - oversensitive (strong need to cry on any emotive situation as a movie scene or even a silly advertisement – getting worse lately)

I read Dr. Sarno´s book Healing Back Pain and yes, TMS philosophy makes sense to me.
    I wish to release not only the pain but all these hidden emotions that influence me. I wish to learn how to understand them and have no need anymore to repress them.

So I´ve started the Structured Program on Wed 6th looking forward to go through :)
    zu

mike2014, Stella and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hello, Zu. Welcome to this TMS healing community. You are fortunate that you discovered it and TMS and Dr. Sarno. The SEProgram is wonderful in that it guides you into discovering the repressed emotions that your subconscious mind is sending you as pain, so you relieve yourself of those harmful emotions. I found journaling to be the most help in healing my severe back pain. It began when I was 82 and ended within a month as I finally believed 100 percent in TMS. I had been withholding about 10 percent thinking the pain was structural because of my age. I am 85 now and have no back pain.
    I discovered repressed emotions going back to when my parents divorced when I was seven. I was able to understand them better and realized they had their own TMS, mainly over financial reasons, as many people today have marital problems for that reason.

I hope you can let up on your need to be liked by everyone all the time. TMSers call that a "goodist" personality. Just be yourself and you will be liked. Don't make yourself stressful by trying too hard to please people.

Keep us posted as to your progress. Be confident that you are going to be free of pain. It's going to happen.

3. zuzana621

zuzana621 New Member

Walt, thank you very much for your reply. It is very kind and helpful.
    Yes I kind of know the emotions have got their origin in my relationship with my parents. So will see what is there to be uncovered.
    Congratulations for being painfree!
    zu