1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

How to find a TMS therapist

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by ghibli, Jul 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ghibli

ghibli Newcomer

I live in the Spokane area and I am looking at a TMS therapist for in-person sessions. I haven't found one searching on the Internet.

Is there a list of TMS practitioners available? Does anyone know one?

The alternative is to do phone or Skype sessions, but I am a bit skeptical about the efficacy...

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Unfortunately we just don't have the ability (on a free web site with no revenue) to do the due diligence needed to find and then vet new TMS practitioners.

Alan Gordon's clinic, which operates via Skype and phone has been reported to be an effective solution - and affordable.

I suspect that the use of the term "TMS" is not the most effective way to do a search. For one thing, there is a physical brain treatment involving magnetism that is using the same acronym, so you're as likely to come across that as you are to come across a reference to Dr. Sarno's work. Dr. Sarno himself thought that the term "TMS" might ultimately refer simply to The MindBody Syndrome - which is the term I suggest that you search with: mind-body or mind-body connection.

FWIW, many of the practitioners who studied with Dr. Sarno and/or are following in his footsteps have come together in an association they call the PPDA: Psycho-Physiological Disorders Association, which they felt was more descriptive of the actual process behind chronic pain and other symptoms.

3. Marinedad

Marinedad Well known member

It’s far from affordable ...great people that care but at $150-$175 a shot is pretty expensive for numerous sessions