Time2be
Well known member
My problem seems to be how to deal with uncertainty. There is so much uncertainty connected to my symptoms: right now tooth pain and gum pain, I had surgery and I have a deep bite, missing teeth change the bite, probably therefore I have inflammation of the gum. But that’s not the important part. The important part is that I want to have certainty, if possible immediately. People saying : “wait and see, the pain will go away, you need some time after surgery”, this freaks me out. And then I get uncertain about every little symptom. What is it a sign for? The tooth needed to go, it was diseased. But you can react in a TMS like fashion to what happens afterwards, amplifying the pain. And creating new symptoms.
Now, I found out that I have huge problems dealing with uncertainty. I am constantly surveying: is this a symptom for something serious? How many experts should I ask? This is exhausting and keeps the anxiety running. The anxiety wants to control things, but more control feeds anxiety. And the uncertainty that is a necessary part of life feels then unbearable. There are of course realms in my life where I can deal with uncertainty. Just not with physical symptoms of the body. I am not sure about emotions.
How do you process uncertainty?
Now, I found out that I have huge problems dealing with uncertainty. I am constantly surveying: is this a symptom for something serious? How many experts should I ask? This is exhausting and keeps the anxiety running. The anxiety wants to control things, but more control feeds anxiety. And the uncertainty that is a necessary part of life feels then unbearable. There are of course realms in my life where I can deal with uncertainty. Just not with physical symptoms of the body. I am not sure about emotions.
How do you process uncertainty?