1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

How do you deal with disconnecting while writing and winding up all tense and TMSing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by OnTheRoad, Jan 14, 2017.

1. OnTheRoad

OnTheRoad Peer Supporter

I am a writer and had to stop, I get so tense and disconnected from my body and the world around me. I've started again, and am looking for practical help. Anyone use timers from the internet or other systems to stop periodically? I have been using my iphone but I "cheat" and don't reset it to start again. Clearly addicted to writing. Any ideas?

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, OnTheRoad. I am a writer too, but the only time I am tense when I write is when my computer gives me trouble. I appreciate the benefits of word processing, but know I enjoyed writing more when I used a typewriter.

I suggest you start the Structured Educational Program, free in the subforum of this web site. It will help you to discover emotions that are causing your pain.

A man in Oregon wrote this about TMS when he healed from it:

Your symptoms are a messenger. When we try to avoid our symptoms, it's like shooting the messenger that is telling you that your house is in fire. It doesn't deal with the problem, it only attempts to act like there is no problem. Embrace your symptoms and recognize them for what they are, simply a messenger telling you that you have stuff to deal with.

3. OnTheRoad

OnTheRoad Peer Supporter

Thanks, Walt, I have been doing the program. I just forgot! I have times when I'm in my body writing...and I see that when I made that post I'd allowed myself to keep writing so long I forgot I even could be mindful and write at the same time! Sheesh. Thanks for the reminder. Patience, patience, yes, I will work on patience.