1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

How do I know if it’s working

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Dwiegman, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Dwiegman

Dwiegman New Member

after 3 months of writing and meditating almost every day I am really beginning to accept this is TMS. I have had low back and butt pain for about 2 months. I have a couple good days a week and those good days are getting better. I have occasional days with virtually no pain at all. The problem is my bad days are pretty much just as bad as they were at the beginning. Am I still on the right track toward healing? Is it common for your good days to improve long before there’s any real improvement on your bad days? I get the any improvement, even for just a day, is still improvement, but all the bad days, that don’t seem less bad, make it hard to see the big picure. Not sure if that makes sense.

2. Celayne

Celayne Well known member

Welcome to the forum Dwiegman!

The short answer is yes, you are on the right track.

Every person has a different path to healing, so don't be surprised or dismayed if you read about people having faster, more amazing healings than you do. That you are having days with virtually no pain at all, you are having good days a couple of days a week, and the good days are getting better is a very encouraging sign for you!

Have you looked at Alan Gordon's Pain Recovery Program? http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/ (Pain Recovery Program) I can't say enough good things about this one. Short, easy to grasp ideas designed to be taken as a 21 day course, although you can do it more quickly or slower than that.

I've recently found the work of Nicole Sachs to be extremely helpful. She has a website: thecureforchronicpain.com, and has a book out, "The Meaning of Truth", a very quick read and so full of truth and encouragement. It's available on Amazon and probably on her website, too.

There are many, many resources to help with TMS recovery, these are just a couple that I have liked best.

Keep at it, don't give up and you will see more good days and eventually the bad days will lessen and (we hope!) disappear entirely.

HattieNC likes this.