1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Hoping for the best.

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Skeleton Bob, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Skeleton Bob

Skeleton Bob New Member

Hi everyone,

I am a bit confused as there are two programs on here, the Structured Educational Program and the New Program. I'm a bit confused which one I'm meant to use, or if I'm meant to use both. I am going to use the Structured Educational Program, and hope for the best!

Anyway I have just read the Day 1 page and watched the video.

I am now going to rate my level of acceptance you have of the TMS diagnosis out of 10. 0 being no acceptance and 10 being total acceptance. I would say I'm at about an 7. I'm willing to accept it, I can't fully accept it though. I'm hoping this program helps me being more accepting. The more I read about TMS, the more it does explain things, and how somethings describe me. My pains have bizarre patterns which make no sense, which do make me think they are TMS related.

A quick background. I have had so many random aches and pains over the last few years. If it's not one pain it's another. I can't remember the last time I had a 100% pain free day. I thought it's high time I join this forum. The pains I get on a regular basis are:

- Back pain
    - Wrist pain
    - Forearm pain
    - Shoulder pain
    - Heel pain (plantar fasciitis)
    - Neck pain
    - Foot pain
    - Knee pain

I don't get all the pains at once. I start off with one pain, then throughout the course of an average day the pain changes to somewhere else. From what I have read this sounds like TMS.

I will be honest and say I have doubts. I have read it's good to see a doctor and rule out anything serious. I have seen a doctor about most of my pains, and they have said it's not serious and lots of other people have the same problem. I haven't asked a doctor about all of my pains. Some aren't that serious, and I don't want the doctor thinking I'm mad when I list all the different pains I get!

I do worry a lot, especially that my pains will get worse.

I'm glad this forum is anonymous, as I worry I sound like a nutcase!

2. georgethee

georgethee Peer Supporter

3. Skeleton Bob

Skeleton Bob New Member

Thanks for your post, sorry for the late reply! The videos were interesting.