1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

homer simpson tms

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Richsimm22, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Richsimm22

Richsimm22 Well known member

Here is homer simpson doing some tms therapy lol

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

The beginning of clarity. Thanks. This is exactly how the work begins.

Richsimm22 likes this.
  3. Richsimm22

The video below is another one of homer simpson. When me and my wife watched this we laughed our socks off because that is me literally. Im easily distracted. Always in my own thoughts daydreaming

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
    North Star likes this.
  4. LindaRK

LindaRK Well known member

I am roaring with laughter - thanks for sharing!

Richsimm22 likes this.
  5. Eric "Herbie" Watson

This is another video of homer with extreme tms.
    This is how tms works.
    I cant believe we are getting educated by the Simpsons
    but Steve Ozanich had it all in his book.
    You are finding some great videos Richsimm22.
    Thanks

Richsimm22 likes this.
  6. Richsimm22

Im glad you like. Here is a couple more. As you might have guessed im a bit of a simpsons fan. Ha ha

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  7. Richsimm22

8. Richsimm22

Crazy isnt it. Some surprising material for tms education. Im sure alot of men and their partners can relate to this. I know I can.

9. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Yes they can. Most everyone that deals with TMS has these sort of thoughts going on. We have to take these thoughts and get em under control. Usually the thoughts are like " You know you could have done better" or " Why do they always treat me this way" and often its our own voices beating up on ourselves. This is when thought control becomes very handy. Like the way Alan Gordon teaches in the Tms Recovery Program. http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/TMS_Recovery_Program

Check it out. And keep those Homer-isms coming, there great. I would have answered a lot sooner. It was my B- day weekend so I took some time off but I'm back now so keep us updated on your journey Richsimms22.

Thanks

Richsimm22 likes this.
  10. Richsimm22

Most certainly will Herbie. This forum is amazing. I was abit lost on what to do after reading Dr sarnos book but I stumbled across this site and am overwhelmed by the support here. Ive gone through Alan Gordons recovery program and im now on day 5 of the structured educational programme. I was a little concerned at first at not keeping up as in thinking I should be day 5 today not day 3 or 4 but ive been reasured to do at a comfortable pace and thats what ive done. I started running yesterday which ive been afraid to do for 5 years. I only ran for 10 minutes and I got really sore aching legs but the nice kind of ache not the knotty horrible ache that never goes away. Ill go again tomorrow as I intend to be in control and not my subconscious mind. :D

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  11. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

The Homer videos are a hoot.
    Daydreaming reminds me of the old Danny Kaye comedy.
    "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty." He did that all the time.

I haven't seen the remake but it would have to go some to be funnier than the original.

I kind of daydream, too. I think about pleasant thoughts to drive away fear and anxiety.

Richsimm22 likes this.
  12. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

These are great, Rich! Thanks for posting them.

Richsimm22 likes this.