1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Hi! I’m new here

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Lidsmichelle, May 8, 2019.

1. Lidsmichelle

Lidsmichelle New Member

I’m Lisa and I’m 26 and think I might have TMS. Three months ago I injured myself at work and despite going through massage, chiropractic, and physical therapy I seem to still be suffering from bilateral piriformis/glute pain and left side hip and hamstring pain. I tried Curable and had two really good pain free weeks before the pain flared back up. Anyone have similar issues to me and it ended up being TMS?

2. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

Hi Lisa, welcome to the forum! Not knowing how or what you injured, the fact that your pain went away for a while after the injury is evidence for TMS, especially as your relief came with applying TMS techniques.
    When an injury occurs and the pain lasts for much longer than the injury would be expected, that is also evidence for TMS. I have definitely had the symptoms you mentioned and more and it was TMS. Have you had a look at Alan Gordons Recovery Program or The Structured Educational Program? These are great resources on this website.

3. Lidsmichelle

Lidsmichelle New Member

No, I am new to all of this. I’m trying to find a good starting point since I’m thinking it may be more than just physical (given that i’ve tried strengthening and other spectrum stretching and mobilization and nothing seems to help for more than a week or two). I’ll give both of those things a look! Thank you!

birdsetfree likes this.