1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Hi am new

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Jacqui71, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Jacqui71

Jacqui71 Newcomer

Hi am new here and looking for support been having lower back pain and sciatica very painful for 18 months now not had mri awaiting one nothing helps tired all things had a very stressful 2 years lost my brother to cancer had a bad breakup lost my home and moved to new place last year got through all that but this pain continues an
    Makes me very anxious sharp nerve pain that radiants down my left side been docs bloods done had ultrasound all ok any support I would be very grateful as feel alone in all this

2. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi! I'm so very sorry to read about your brother and all the loss you have experienced. Have you read "Healing Back Pain" by Sarno?

Jacqui71 likes this.
  3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Jacqui71,

You can browse in the Wiki for some self-study programs, including Alan Gordon's. I recommend you engage these programs, about a half and hour per day.

Also, read success stories, one per day.

You're probably in the right place, given your symptoms seemed to have started during stressful life events. Learn, post questions here, and be gentle with yourself. This path can be life-changing. Welcome!

Andy

Jacqui71 likes this.
  4. Jacqui71

Jacqui71 Newcomer

Thankyou for your reply’s yes I have got all the books and I have read healing back pain and it all seems me am so glad I found this site the pain just over welems me my mind starts racing thinking all the worst and panic sets in

5. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

That's normal. The key is to get out of your head and thoughts. Another book I can'r recommend enough is "Hope and Help for Your Nerves" by Claire Weeks. Your fear and anxiety is the fuel for TMS so that will be what you need to focus on... shifting from the pain sensations to what are the emotions and thoughts driving the anxiety. Shifting from the physical to the psychological. It takes practice and patience ....like building a muscle.

6. Jacqui71

Jacqui71 Newcomer

Thankyou so much for all your help am going to read up on all the posts and put my heart and soul in to all this xx