1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Help With Night Sweats

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by ballard, Feb 16, 2015.

1. ballard

ballard Newcomer

Been having a new symptom which has me really frustrated.

My original symptom that got me interested in TMS was a sore throat i contracted 1.5 years ago. I think i had every study done to it, by GP and ENT doctors with no pathology of anything wrong. A friend recommended Sarno's book and finally i started down the path of exploring TMS.

A couple nights ago i woke up at 3 in the morning and had a huge hot flash. Kinda shook me a little and started to hype up my hypochondriac side. That next day i started to notice that i felt unusually hot on different extremities of my body, almost like a burning/tingling sensation. I am lucky enough to have a TMS doctor in my area and scheduled an appointment to go see him. I explained to him my symptoms and he seemed unimpressed, i asked him if i could get some blood-work done for piece of mind and he agreed.

Blood Chemistries and CBC all came back normal. And my throat has never felt better!

For the last couple of nights i have still been waking up almost like clockwork at 2am, perspiring, not sure if i can really classify it as night sweats, as i am not drenched in sweat or have to change the sheets, but very clammy. No fever, or presenting any other symptoms.

Has anyone else dealt with this type of symptom, and if anyone could share any pointers on how to tackle it i would really appreciate it. I just started the structured program a day ago.

Thanks in advance

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Ballard, your subconscious mind may just be focused on how much you want to discover the repressed emotions
    that are causing your TMS symptoms. It may be giving you the night sweats just so you keep working on
    discovering those hidden emotions. Instead of giving you back or knee or leg or shoulder pain, it's giving you
    hot flashes. Don't worry about them. Take them as messages from your subconscious to work on discovering
    your repressed emotions. You will find the Structured Educational Program very helpful in doing this.
    Especially journaling.

Meanwhile, don't sweat it. It's "only" TMS.

3. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Ballard, I'm reminded of what Dr. Schubiner told me in regards to waking up with pain at night. "It is certainly TMS!" Try the ole talk-to-your-brain strategy when it happens again. Remind yourself that it is a TMS symptom, you've had it checked out already and everything is fineā€¦so KNOCK IT OFF BRAIN! :)

I've successfully dealt with some pretty acute pain attacks using that approach.

And btw - I too have been experiencing a shift in new symptoms. I know it's TMS because they come and go. It's annoying! Remember that's all good news in that it shows TMS is on the run. :)

MMB likes this.