1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Hello

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by MrNiceGuy, Aug 16, 2016.

1. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy New Member

It is nice to find a forum of people who support each other through the healing process.

My name is Jason and I have suffered very frequent headaches and back pain for almost two years now. The pain started at a time in my life when a myriad of factors were emotionally overwhelming for me. However, at that time, I was entirely focused on physical explanations and was perhaps too proud to admit that I could be in stress related/emotional pain. I saw many doctors and health practitioners; physical therapists, a neurologist, a massage therapist, an accupuncturist. I also had an MRI on my neck and head (showed nothing abnormal), took muscle relaxers and tons of Tylenol, only to find brief relief from pain. Finally, I feel 99% convinced that I have TMS after reading John Sarno's books. It's only been about 10 days since I accepted the diagnosis, but I feel more relaxed and far more pain free than I have in years, after reading the books. One thing Sarno wrote really struck me... he said something like 'Sometimes the rage and anger in someone's life outweighs the soothing elements'. And I think that's exactly what happened to me. Now I'm allowing myself to feel emotion (or trying to at least!) and connect with the repressed anger I feel about the demands of life. It feels like it's working. Anyways, that's my story. I'm here to help, and hope I can help others too.

plum, riverrat, Yinlin and 2 others like this.
  2. riverrat

riverrat Well known member

You sound like me! You're in the right place to heal!
    Did you read " The Great Pain Deception?" By Steve Ozanich? That one is helping me a lot.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  3. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Hello my dear,

Ah yes, the soothe-to-rage ratio is one of the jewels of Sarno's writings and a simple yardstick to employ while healing. I like it very much.

Welcome to the forum.