1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Hello everyone... I'm new here

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Deanna, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Deanna

Deanna New Member

I wanted to post an introduction and become part of this community...I developed debilitating back pain and sciatica in Nov 2018 after a minor household accident and thought I recovered in February 2o19, but the pain came back gradually in April 2019 and finally went to see a Orthopedist in Oct 2019. The first time I met the orthopedist he took Xrays and was surprised that I had never been to a Dr. before because my L4-L5 disc was collapsed and I was bone on bone. That Xray and subsequent MRI started me on oral steroids, NSAIDS which killed my stomach, then physical therapy, then several epidural injections. The pain only got worse during this time.

I happened upon the Curable app 2 weeks ago and was introduced to Dr. Sarno's work. I quickly read the MindBody Prescription and saw myself on every page! For the first time in my life I have an answer why I have experienced ongoing headaches, gastritis, Raynaud's, migraine auras and now this chronic back pain. The fact that they are all explained by this one syndrome is overwhelming to me, but comforting somehow. I always just thought I was plagued by an overactive somatic awareness or something. I am now reading as much as I can.

I am diligently doing the work in Alan's Pain Recovery Program which is awesome. I can't express how grateful I am that this group has taken the time and energy to help so many of us. I've seen some postings that once we start recovery the brain throws everything it has to keep us from uncovering the true emotional cause. I am now experiencing overwhelming anxiety, stomach issues as well as the pain which seems a bit reduced. I will carry on knowing that I must get to the root of everything and having this forum is amazing. Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

I hope to share all the details of my recovery here someday, but for now, I wish everyone success in their journey.

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Awesome first post - and welcome @Deanna!

Deanna likes this.
  3. jimmylaw9

jimmylaw9 Peer Supporter

Deanna your almost writing my exact symptoms. It’s defo TMS and I am glad you have found this community.
    Do the work and you will recover as most do.

Deanna likes this.