1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Hear Your Soul, Heal Yourself

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Roger Gietzen, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Roger Gietzen

Roger Gietzen New Member

This is a review of a FREE 5 week Mind Body program created by Abigail Steidley, called "Hear your soul, heal yourself".
    I met Abigail in person while I was doing some travel work in Casper, Wyoming. She has a great personal TMS success story and she ultimately became a life coach to share the tools that have helped her.
    I've done many different mind body programs, but currently hers is one of my favorite "starters". It has all of the important core concepts, plus a foundation built on the understanding that we have spiritual self.
    Abigail's enthusiasm and confidence are contagious. Although this program may not have all the tools one needs to completely restore their health, it does provide an excellent starting point. It is brief and requires very little mandatory time commitment. It is also concise and correct.
    For those who are starting from scratch or those who would like to try something new, I highly recommend this program. And best of all, its free:)!
    Just follow this link to her website and click on the button in the upper right corner titled "Start Hear". You'll need to provide your email address, to have a copy of the book emailed to you. Her website also has a rolling blog that might be useful to many.
    Sincerely,
    Roger

http://anamsong.com/

Forest, Lesa, Beach-Girl and 2 others like this.
  2. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

I love Abigail's blog too :)

Roger Gietzen likes this.
  3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Many thanks for posting this, Dr. Gietzen. I haven't had a chance to read the whole program yet, but at some point I'd love to integrate some of the ideas into our own PPD/TMS Structured Educational Program.

4. Roger Gietzen

Roger Gietzen New Member

Your welcome Forest. Thanks for your detailed instructions on getting started. I would have liked to have posted this a couple weeks ago, but I'm saturated with the heaviest work load that I've had in awhile. I hadn't checked out this site in a long time, its really nice to see how much sharing is going on. It is a valuable resource to our culture during a time of much confusion.

5. Justina

Justina Peer Supporter

I really like Abigail's writing. She has a style and fluidity that really grabs me and her free ebook is one of the more useful sources on TMS I've read so far. :)

6. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl Well known member

Thank you for posting this:

I consider myself on a spiritual journey as well as a TMS journey. Perhaps something will click here for me too.

BG

7. Lori

Lori Well known member

Thanks so much for posting this. I read the e-book and thought it was very good. I like how she reminds us of the importance of FEELING our feelings, not thinking them. Also how there is usually an underlying anger, sadness, fear, etc. with conditions like depression or anxiety, and she encourages a deeper look into that. Also how the brain is highly plastic and we can form new pathways by mindfully changing our thinking.
    Thanks again for posting this link.:)
    -Lori

Roger Gietzen and Livvygurl like this.
  8. Roger Gietzen

Roger Gietzen New Member

@ Beach Girl, I have lots of other resources for TMS and spirituality that have been meaningful to me. Let me know if you'd like em!
    @ Lori, Those are all good points! Your welcome, I love sharing. :)