1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 Healing atempts up to this point

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by artetvif, Nov 23, 2014.

1. artetvif

artetvif Newcomer

I have eczema since I was born, coming and leaving me. I also have allergies since I was 6 or 7. I tried many kind of doctors : dermatologist, allergologist, chiropractor, homeopath. I also tried acupuncture, hot springs and taking herbs. Last year I went to a psychologist because I finally understood that my problem was in my mind but it wasn't enough. I know this will help me way more than anything I tried so far.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

It does look like your skin problem and allergies are TMS. Dr. Sarno says so in his books.

I had eczema as a teenager and washing my face with oatmeal soap cured it.
    But I didn't discover it was from TMS until two years ago, from repressed childhood anxieties
    when my parents divorced when was 7 years old.

3. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

I think what Dr Sarno observed, Walt, was that people with TMS very often also had histories of other conditions that, it is suspected, have strong links to the emotions, like asthma, allergies, eczema, psoriasis etc. etc. etc. I do remember during adolescence how my allergies and asthma would disappear whenever I got a thousand of so miles away from my battling parents. Also how I'd get itching and rashes whenever I was under pressure and how they would disappear when I was more solid and secure emotionally, like having a good job and being self-sufficient. In other words, in no danger of becoming dependent on my parents! If all human behavior is eminently programmable, it would certainly seem probably that programmed pain syndromes like TMS would occur in people with histories of other programmed behaviors, including allergies, asthma and rashes. Of course, an allergist might disagree with my thesis and say it's all biochemical chains of events that occur in individuals with certain chromosomes and the only way of really curing allergies is with stem cell implants. But I myself, based on my own observations, would say that's not the case, at least not entirely the case.