1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Green Juicing

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by prisd, Aug 24, 2015.

1. prisd

prisd Peer Supporter

I'm new to the TMS concept. Was recommended Mindbody Prescription by a friend who had IC and is almost in remission as I have IC (interstitial cystitis) as well. I finished that book and am now in the middle of The Great Pain Deception by Steven Ozanich.

So my question is, how does one explain, for example, that I've read several success stories of people doing green juicing to get into remission with their IC symptoms. I fully believe in the TMS, but I'm just wondering why this also seems to work for people. Do you think it's a placebo, or does the juicing make your body alkaline enough that the bloodflow or oxygen become more accessible to painful parts of your body, or is it maybe just feeling better about yourself because of the sacrifice you're doing?

I'm really wrapped around doing both these things at the same time, but don't know if green juicing will defeat the strategy to completely ignore the physical and focus only on psychological. But then again, I have to eat something, right?

2. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Your bring up excellent point some people on this site will call it the placebo effect . I believe taking care of what you put in uour mouth makes a big differance in your pain levels.

I am a big believer in proper nutrition for pain relief.

Richsimm22 likes this.
  3. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

While i agree the healing aspect is all down to the placebo effect, there is no harm in juicing and changing your diet. I do it myself and it makes me actually feel more alert.

Have you seen the Jason Vales documentary where people are cured of different ailments?

Boston Redsox likes this.
  4. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

5. prisd

prisd Peer Supporter

Ok, thanks for your responses. I haven't seen the Jason Vales documentary, but I did watch Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead :)

6. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

there is no doubt whatsoever that the Western diet of sugary carbs has a drastic impact on mental well being. you can't TMS your way out of poor nutrition.

7. Richsimm22

Richsimm22 Well known member

I love my green smoothies. If you eat crap then you will feel crap. Drink em up

8. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I certainly agree that proper nutrition aids in relieving pain and headaches, etc.
    I like plain hot water with a little honey and cider vinegar. It works for me like a tranquilizer.

I also have a juicer and like doing smoothies that are a combination fruit and veggies.
    I haven't had any fast food at those Burger King or KFC in years. I think that kept me healthy.

There are some excellent videos on Youtube about benefits of healthy nutrition.