1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 2 Going well...

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by beckyMA, Feb 5, 2016.

1. beckyMA

beckyMA New Member

I liked the activity for day 2 to write down 3 things that make me angry and 3 things that make me feel sad. I'm not used to having to consciously think about what triggers those feelings in me, and identifying those things that bring up negative emotions, and writing them down, allowed me to release them in a way that prevents them from building up inside me. I also started seeing a therapist today to help me work through these emotions and realizations about my personality and how that has led to tms in the forms of headaches and migraines. I'm so optimistic right now and look forward to continuing on this journey and learning more about myself in the process.

2. Stella

Stella Well known member

One of the things I learned about myself is I rarely feel anger. As a child wanting to be loved so desperately I would immediately push it down inside of me resulting in physical pain and depression.

In my 20s I remember reading that depression is anger turned inwards. I thought, well OK, how do you get it out. I found no answer. I suffered major depression on and of all my adult life. I would say to myself "I am a smart person why can't I figure this out.?" More criticism of me.

Now I have the tools to manage myself. .you will too.

beckyMA likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, ladies. Being angry is just not worth it. I sometimes get real angry but then realize I am over-reacting. Then I laugh and what made me angry flies out of my head and I relax again. Be positive. Be optimistic. That also drives away anger. It's a good practice to journal about the reasons you get angry. It brings the anger out and recognizing it but without actually being angry.

beckyMA likes this.