1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Going backwards please help!

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by billiewells, May 27, 2016.

1. billiewells

billiewells Peer Supporter

Hi everyone,

Feeling absolutely desperate today. I came To TMS at beginning of year, read and read and read, got hold of TMS therapist, felt that after 4 years of hell I could get back in the world. But, as June heralds the mid point of another year, I seem to be going no where in terms of recovery. I have so many symptoms it bores me to list them again but drop foot dominates my disability. I am so worried that without exercise I am getting weaker and weaker, my muscles must be nearly atrophying. I try to walk, but simply can't balance and fall over. I live alone, with no family support in a rural environment.

Pins and needles effect my hands and feet, my drop foot is swollen.I have real trouble driving because I cant operate the pedals properly and yet have to go out to get supplies. I have a dog that I long to walk and have to rely on dog walkers to take him out which is costly. I haven't been able to get in a shop for two yers and the smallest task during the day is a huge challenge.

i read Oznich's book which also mentioned drop foot and he just started to run on it. I simply dont know how this is possible, I would fall over.

Completely lost in all this . . . so want to walk and have a life and re connect with this world. Days are so grim and they just keep on being grim. I am so willing to do what is necessary, but nothing is working. How do I get my life back before my muscles just waste away. Please advise. Thank you

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi,

I'm so sorry to hear of all your difficulties. I know the isolation that TMS symptoms can create and how hard that is when you're all alone.

Are you continuing to work with the TMS therapist? I know it can be expensive but usually it doesn't take too many sessions before you can continue on your own. Also, it may be helpful for you to see a TMS doctor to get you started. I don't know where you're located, but even if you have to travel a ways many people say it is worth it. Are you using a structured program like the SEP or Schubiner's Unlearn Your Pain? Those are good ways to supplement the reading for many people.

Give us a little more info on what you're doing and we can give more specific advice.

Hang in there. There is a road to recovery for everyone.