1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

getting sick is the new tms?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevow7, Dec 24, 2017.

1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

I think this have been covered around here. But these last 3 months I've been sick 4 times (i usually never get sick. to be honest i wasnt sick for 3-4 years before this) these last 3 months have been rough with anxiety, stress and life stuff. I started to get all this sickness when i joined the gym after recoverying from my issues (tms related) and right now I don't even feel pain, but im randomly getting sick (first sickness was food poisoning, then minor cold, then another cold that resolved but after going to the gym and going to my new work it developed into a bronquitis somehow). I got sick twice during my new job also because it involves a lot of dust. lastly, i decided to go to a neumologist to check whats happening, i had a mild fever of 103 (i don't think allergies causes fever) and doctor said NO gym or any activity for 2 weeks. this right here made me depress. I had to spend 200 in exams for flu and pneumonia and both came negative and a lot of pills that my plan doesnt cover (antibiotics and such). I have excelent lungs and flu came negative. the next day i went to the doctor to show her everything and she examinated me and said" wow this is impressive, how did you cure up so fast?" a week later i have been positive and haven't done anything just sedentary thinking about moving (because i like to be active) and only have a caught here and there but nothing else. My question is, should i revisit the doctor? if the inmune system and getting sick is related to tms then it would be against my beliefs to go to the doctor? is this tms trying to get the best of me and not think psychologically and instead physically? lastly, before all this i was always scared to get sick and it seems that the more scared i get the more sick i become -.-

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Stevow, you're starting to put this all together!

Look, even the most traditional of health practitioners knows that stress can repress our immune systems. What they don't take into account is the stress of emotional repression, which we conveniently call TMS, but in reality goes WAY beyond Dr. Sarno's oxygen deprivation theory.

If you want to explore this idea to its radical conclusion, I highly recommend reading When The Body Says No, by Dr. Gabor Mate, MD. It blew my mind, and changed my entire outlook on all aspects of health and disease.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  3. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

thanks a lot! now since i believe in tms 100% and i know i will get better. can this sickness get better even if i start doing exercise and my daily living? like i feel good but with a little caught here and there nothing bad. but i have fear of getting worst. is this tms trying not to do what i love? going to the gym? i went to the gym with other issues but not with sickness so this might be a first experience. im just wondering if i should actually do physical activity like sarno says or just rest like what the modern doc says (which i totally disliked going to the doc )

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

WISHING EVERYONE A HAPPY HOLIDAY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR.
    WALT OLEKSY

Dorado, Ellen, Gigalos and 2 others like this.
  5. JanAtheCPA

Walt, it's great to see you! Wishing you all the best for Christmas and the New Year.

~Jan

6. JanAtheCPA

Stevow, I'm with you when it comes to taking the advice of most doctors these days, ugh. Unfortunately, no one here can (or even should) answer your question, because we aren't health practitioners (heck, I'm a tax accountant!)

All I CAN say is that as you continue to do this work and learn about TMS and yourself, you will also learn to trust your own instincts when it comes to your body and your health - I'm confident of that.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

~Jan

Lizzy and plum like this.
  7. sam908

sam908 Peer Supporter

Which holiday might that be, Walt?

8. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

Hope you (and that lovely dog in your profile picture) had a wonderful holiday and new year as well, Walt!

9. Lainey

Lainey Well known member

Hi Walt,
    I too wish you a Happy and Healthy New year.
    Just yesterday I read your post on the Mindbody Video library forum where you recommended the interview where Steve Ovanich discussed his book the GPD. I responded to you but realized after sending the response that you had posted this three years ago!
    I want you to know that your post was the perfect read for me. It gave me pause and some good thoughts to ponder.
    Thanks for all of your wisdom and for sharing it with the seekers here on the TMS site.
    Kindly
    Lainey

Dorado and JanAtheCPA like this.