1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Getting better but i have a question

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by gaby1511, Sep 9, 2015.

1. gaby1511

gaby1511 Peer Supporter

Hi this is my first post i m from Peru. I have pelvic pain. I hAve this problem 2 years ago i read jhon sarno book and my pain in days go away but now i have again the pain this time is more difficult to cure me. I m in the day 6. My personality is have fear all the time specially this year so i think is my principal problem that make the pain come. I have fear all the time in all my life. But i undestand that . How can i handle with that?? How make my pain go away?? Not have more fear? I know i have fears for things that not wotht it. What i have to do??

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi gaby1511,
    I'm sorry you have pain again but glad you found us. Your experience is very common.
    Start by reading the stories on our Success Stories subforum.
    Then consider doing the Structured Educational Program on the wiki.
    Meditation really helps with anxiety, also the book "Hope and Help for Your Nerves" by Claire Weekes.
    I'll post the links later when I'm on my real computer. Or someone will. (Thanks Mike - I came back later and added a couple of the links)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2015
    gaby1511, mike2014 and SunnyinFL like this.
  3. gaby1511

gaby1511 Peer Supporter

Thanks i m doing yoga and make me feel better. With yoga i feeling my other parta of my body that feel great that help me a lot with mi fear anxiety.

I m doing the program i m in the day 6 and found that my problem is to habe fear all the time. I realice . Is that personality in all this year 2015 that make now have the pain? Cause i know now. i wonder when the pain is going out . This time is more difficult that the last time. :(

SunnyinFL likes this.
  4. gaby1511

gaby1511 Peer Supporter

My problem is my mother she life all the time with fears depresion. I think that is my cause of my problem. Now i m like that worried person fear all the time. I make presion on me like i have to have a better job . I hate my job. I m bullyng me With my presion and fears and i dealing.

SunnyinFL and JanAtheCPA like this.
  5. JanAtheCPA

I really really recommend the book by Claire Weekes. It is the second book I read after Dr Sarno and it really helped me with my fear and anxiety. I don't know if it's been translated, but it's very famous and was written many years ago, so it's possible!

gaby1511, mike2014 and SunnyinFL like this.
  6. JanAtheCPA

This is why we say that TMS is inherited!

gaby1511 and SunnyinFL like this.
  7. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome gaby1511, nice name BTW, if you do a "SEARCH" here and at the other TMS site putting in : "pelvic pain" you will find lots of others with info, good luck, gotta' hit tennis balls now.

gaby1511 likes this.
  8. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

I get asked that question almost every day, "how do I stop fearing?" Also, "how do I forgive?" Or "how do I stop being angry at someone?" Why can't I ever get, "Steve where do you want me to put this big bag of money?"

These are personal revelations that one person cannot teach another person. It comes down to the relationship with ego and through the process of spiritual growth. Fear is created in the mind to preserve the Self, protected by ego.

But it is fear that drives all the symptoms; fear of becoming who you are. So healing from TMS requires a new relationship with your-Self. And that relationship then gets projected onto others as a new life begins. Since fear drives the symptoms, it's necessary to severe the ties to the pain. Don't give it power of fear through the understanding that you are not being harmed. And that it is a diversion created by you, to help you avoid yourself.

Your Peru pain returned again because you never healed before, you just got rid of the pain. Two very different things.

SO

gaby1511, SunnyinFL and mike2014 like this.
  9. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hello gaby1511,

Jan has made reference to Claire Weekes book, which is available from - http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Hel...&qid=1441816808&sr=8-3&keywords=claire+weekes

You can view other peoples experiences with pelvic pain @ http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/search/1012314/?q=pelvic+pain&o=date

gaby1511, SunnyinFL and JanAtheCPA like this.
  10. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, gaby1511. I agree with Steve Ozanich that your pelvic pain is most likely still there because you have not yet discovered all or or the most important emotion causing any of your pain. The Structured Educational Program, free in the subforum of this web site, will help you with that.

gaby1511 likes this.
  11. SunnyinFL

SunnyinFL Well known member

Hi gaby1511,
    That is a great question! Many, if not all, of us have to tackle fear to recover. I found Dr. Schubiner's blog about overcoming fear a huge help. To find it, just go back to the list of all forums. Then, click on:
    Mindbody Blogs (was Practitioner's Corner)
    Look under that section and you will see a blog entitled:
    Dr. Schubiner's Blog Understanding and overcoming fear
    Click on that to read his short article with a lot of practical tips.
    Good luck!

gaby1511, JanAtheCPA and mike2014 like this.
  12. JanAtheCPA

gaby1511 likes this.
  13. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  14. JanAtheCPA

Me too, Mike. I originally bought all of my favorite books in paper, but eventually got the e-book versions where available. I hate to let go of my copy of Hope & Help, but just this morning I came across someone who would benefit from it. I should just buy a bunch of used copies...

mike2014 and SunnyinFL like this.
  15. gaby1511

gaby1511 Peer Supporter

hi walt but is necesary to know exactly what is the emotion??
    thank you very much!! I found the book on internet :) i would read it.
    Thanks i m going to buy the book! I have found the english version on internet :) free! So i m going to read it!

SunnyinFL and JanAtheCPA like this.