frequent urination and pain

rjh18

New Member
I had a cystoscopy a little over a week ago and also urinalysis from the scope. 3 days ago I seemed to have developed frequent urination and urgency (every 25 minutes) and pain at the end of voiding. Went to my PCP and did a urine culture and prescribed Cipro which I am on for a second day. 25 years ago I also had frequent urination and it went on for months till I finally saw Dr. Sarno who examined me and told me nothing was wrong except my mind. I attended his lecture and within around 10 days all the symptoms disappeared. So I was thinking is this TMS returning with the same symptoms? I know if they find out its and infection the antibiotic should solve it but if not Im pretty sure the doc will prescribe a bladder relaxant. I am so exhausted from many tests over the last few weeks. I recently recovered from pneumonia and then had the cystoscopy and now this. When many things hit one after another I begin to suspect tms. Interested to hear if others had any of these symptoms and how they resolved them.

RJ
 
I had a cystoscopy a little over a week ago and also urinalysis from the scope. 3 days ago I seemed to have developed frequent urination and urgency (every 25 minutes) and pain at the end of voiding. Went to my PCP and did a urine culture and prescribed Cipro which I am on for a second day. 25 years ago I also had frequent urination and it went on for months till I finally saw Dr. Sarno who examined me and told me nothing was wrong except my mind. I attended his lecture and within around 10 days all the symptoms disappeared. So I was thinking is this TMS returning with the same symptoms? I know if they find out its and infection the antibiotic should solve it but if not Im pretty sure the doc will prescribe a bladder relaxant. I am so exhausted from many tests over the last few weeks. I recently recovered from pneumonia and then had the cystoscopy and now this. When many things hit one after another I begin to suspect tms. Interested to hear if others had any of these symptoms and how they resolved them.

RJ

Given you've had it before and it was clearly TMS (as Dr Sarno helped you and it went away for this long) - it's very likely TMS again. That's assuming the tests are clear.

I had urgency for a few weeks and it was TMS too :)
 
I am getting terminal dysuria (pain at the end of the stream) but only in the daytime, not at night which leads me to believe that my mind is more focused during the day and that is driving this. UTI was ruled out giving more info that is classic TMS with the fact that I had a cystoscopy giving my brain a reason why it might be happening.
 
I am getting terminal dysuria (pain at the end of the stream) but only in the daytime, not at night which leads me to believe that my mind is more focused during the day and that is driving this. UTI was ruled out giving more info that is classic TMS with the fact that I had a cystoscopy giving my brain a reason why it might be happening.

This is a great time to note down the inconsistencies to show your brain this is classic TMS (pain in the day time). If it was something serious, it wouldn't just come and go like that.

I'm envious you were able to see Dr. Sarno!
 
Pain has resolved but i am getting up to urinate every 90 minutes at night with normal volume. Could this be tms or polyuria?

Great that the pain has resolved! The frequency may simply be the next thing to go through the TMS route - as long as everything has been ticked off and checked (and other possibilities ruled out by a doctor/urologist or any other required specialist), I think it's safe to continue treating it as TMS :)
 
Aangezien je het al eerder hebt gehad en het duidelijk TMS was (omdat Dr. Sarno je heeft geholpen en het zo lang weg is geweest), is het zeer waarschijnlijk weer TMS. Dat is ervan uitgaande dat de tests geen afwijkingen laten zien.

Ik had een paar weken last van aandrang en dat bleek ook TMS te zijn.:)
How did you come over it with weeks? I ha E it for 7 months now for the second time. The first time was 1,5 year
 
How did you come over it with weeks? I ha E it for 7 months now for the second time. The first time was 1,5 year

I don't think the comparison is very fair to you - I didn't have it prior and it wasn't a symptom of my chronic pelvic pain which I had for 6 years. That said, because of my chronic pelvic pain I'd had most of the structural tests already, so when this happened I said to myself ok once you have a test for a UTI and that's clear then you know it's TMS (being a coach myself at the time helped too no doubt).

I was still scared for the few weeks it took for me to be tested and the results to come back negative (which is why I had it for a few weeks and not for a few days), but after that all my fear melted away and as such so did the symptoms. TMS symptoms are fuelled by fear and attention, take those away, which the negative UTI test allowed me to do, and the symptoms often leave.
 
Ik denk niet dat de vergelijking helemaal eerlijk is. Ik had het niet eerder en het was geen symptoom van mijn chronische bekkenpijn, waar ik al zes jaar last van had. Wel had ik vanwege mijn chronische bekkenpijn de meeste structurele onderzoeken al gehad. Dus toen dit gebeurde, dacht ik: oké, als je een test voor een urineweginfectie hebt gehad en die is negatief, dan weet je dat het TMS is (het feit dat ik destijds zelf coach was, heeft daar ongetwijfeld ook aan bijgedragen).

Ik was nog steeds bang gedurende de paar weken die het duurde voordat ik getest werd en de uitslag negatief was (daarom had ik het een paar weken en niet een paar dagen), maar daarna verdween al mijn angst en daarmee ook de symptomen. Symptomen van TMS worden gevoed door angst en aandacht; neem die weg, wat de negatieve urineweginfectietest mogelijk maakte, en de symptomen verdwijnen vaak.
Yeah, so was it for me also the first time. I did a scopy and my bladder was complete normale. Only PT for the tight pelvic floor and I tought ohhhh is this all? No fear, no panic nothing, but my symptoms get worse and worse. And then started the panic. And takes me 1,5 year to be normal again. Now I don’t anything of this anymore! But it’s still a thing after 7 months. But I think i had a lot of UTI’s in the past from 15 till 20. And in my 30’s it started again and then it was every day that feeling. I also have a lot of trauma bc the first time i had this. All the doctors etc. I tought I was done with it and it came back. I think you never ever had a UTI or problems there, it’s a lot better to come over this stuff.
 
Yeah, so was it for me also the first time. I did a scopy and my bladder was complete normale. Only PT for the tight pelvic floor and I tought ohhhh is this all? No fear, no panic nothing, but my symptoms get worse and worse. And then started the panic. And takes me 1,5 year to be normal again. Now I don’t anything of this anymore! But it’s still a thing after 7 months. But I think i had a lot of UTI’s in the past from 15 till 20. And in my 30’s it started again and then it was every day that feeling. I also have a lot of trauma bc the first time i had this. All the doctors etc. I tought I was done with it and it came back. I think you never ever had a UTI or problems there, it’s a lot better to come over this stuff.

So there has to be a reason it went away after 1.5 years - there has to be a reason why it ceased for that period (despite it coming back again). Unless it can be explained another way, then it's likely to represent a re-occurrence of TMS.
 
Er moet dus een reden zijn waarom het na 1,5 jaar verdween - er moet een reden zijn waarom het gedurende die periode wegbleef (ondanks dat het weer terugkwam). Tenzij het op een andere manier verklaard kan worden, is het waarschijnlijk een terugkeer van TMS.
I Felt in love the first time and don’t think about it anymore. After the lost of my baby it came back. And it’s realy hard to get off from it again.
 
Back
Top