1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Free chapters from Herbie and Walt's book (Ch1 for next Tuesday)

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

GR, I'm so glad you're off to a good start with our book.
    Herbie has so many good ideas for healing.
    Some may help some people and others may help others.

It was quite an adventure writing it, and writing it together.
    Two lives, two TMS stories.

G.R. and Eric "Herbie" Watson like this.
  2. LindaRK

LindaRK Well known member

How exciting for you both .... congratulations. I'm now logging off and going to get my Kindle version, too!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. njoy

njoy aka Bugsy

This is exciting. I think your book will be a very important addition to TMS literature. Congratulations, guys! Oops, not yet available on amazon.ca -- oh well, I'll just have to wait.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  4. Msunn

Msunn Well known member

Congratulations to both of you, Walt and Herbie. I really appreciate how both of you always have a positive message and are there to help so many.

I plan on buying the kindle edition. I'll look forward to reading it!

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

The Kindle edition is available now and the paperback in a few more days. Hope you find some help
    in the book. The title is God Does Not Want You to Be In Pain.

6. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank You so much Njoy. You have been a part of the team for some time now. My how time flys, It only seems like yesterday - for real when i started the book and now almost 2 years later. Wow, Thats what recovery can do. It speeds up time. Anyways I will check in and make sure you get a copy soon.
    I knew that I had to use so many different styles and put them all together. Sarnos style was excellent in letting me know the missing piece to the puzzle but I still had to learn imaging and visualizations and even parts therapy that I did'nt get into the book but i remeber how it got rid of a repression that I just couldn't get out. The repression was causing some fatigue -- that's about it but that's enough ya know.
    Anyhow I think the other end of the spectrum, the side where we use different strategies and different programs to make the difference is very important -- so yes the book should fill that gap as to all the other strategies we can use to compliment Sarnos theory .
    Bless you my friend

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  7. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Thank you so much LindaRK. You will not be disappointed. If any questions pop up just ask them here ok and I will explain in detail. I want the message of the book to really help all of you -- It's my goal for this book to be the Difference that makes the difference.
    Bless You

8. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Thank you Msunn -- You have grown by leaps and bounds. The book should keep you interested and learning new styles as much as catching up on the older styles. I wanted it to be different, I actually wrote the main parts of the book while I was still recovering and then when I recovered -- so its like this is all that I did before , during and after the healing process to obtain the healing.
    I wanted to get that full 100%. I knew there was a way and I kept searching and trying different styles. When they worked excellent I researched them even further and wrote how they helped me get to my full recovery and of course I added them to my Toolbox. This book is extensive in the Tools for healing for sure. Everything that helped me heal faster. I explain it all here and then some in 1 book. I didn't know if I could do it but I did. Bless you
    AWESOME.

Msunn likes this.
  9. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi everyone,

For next Tuesday's call in discussion group, we will be reading the first chapter of @Eric "Herbie" Watson and @Walt Oleksy's new book, God Does Not Want You to Be in Pain.

Herbie and Walt have both recovered from very painful TMS and have written a book together to share their stories and what helped them the most. They originally met on this forum and have generously allowed us to post the first five chapters of their book for members of our community to read for free.

You can print or read the first five chapters from the following wiki page:
    http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Firstfive
    If you prefer, you can download and print the following PDF as well:
    http://www.tmswiki.org/dl/FirstFive.pdf

For more information on the book, visit our wiki page: God Does Not Want You to Be in Pain.

During the call-in, we will also make time for people to ask their own questions and get peer support from the other callers. We will ask if anyone has any questions during the call, but if you have a chance, it's best to call in a couple minutes early so that we can make sure to make time for you.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014