1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Freaking out about legs and ms please help

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by shalya1012, Nov 27, 2015.

1. shalya1012

shalya1012 New Member

my earlier posts have been about my leg muscles, sciatica, pirfirmus, whatever it all is. But I feel ashamed uneasy feeling when walking. I just went running to prove I could but this shakes feeling is scaring me to death. So worried

2. KevinB

KevinB Well known member

You're ok, remember TMS works off fear, so it becomes a cycle. Your legs are probably shaking because you haven't used them running perhaps in a while? Just try to relax, breathe, talk nicely to yourself, remind yourself that no matter what, it will be ok.

3. shalya1012

shalya1012 New Member

Thank you I am in an obsessive thoughts about it. The thing is I was running everyday and ended up in pain in my legs/butt told deviate a but then my legs feel shakes, but they actually are not It's been a month I am so upset and scared of ms

4. KevinB

KevinB Well known member

Have you been diagnosed as having MS?

5. shalya1012

shalya1012 New Member

No I am just scared of it

6. KevinB

KevinB Well known member

You're going to be just fine. Maybe watch a movie or read a book, do some journaling, anything to get your mind off the fear and obsession. Are you doing the Structural Education Program here on the site?

7. shalya1012

shalya1012 New Member

No what is that? I used to be very involved in the sites and I was fine for a few yrs, past few months been a nightmare main focus my legs

8. KevinB

KevinB Well known member

6 week daily program here, just search for it on main page. Last time it cured me, in grips of a relapse now, just started it again yesterday, today was my Day 2. I really encourage you to do it.

9. shalya1012

shalya1012 New Member

I will check it out for sure. I have had other issues and it's worked this just feeling weird/pain all over my legs is scaring me in such a new way. So I would call thi s a relapse as well. What are your symptoms?

10. KevinB

KevinB Well known member

Low back pain, radiates into left buttock and hip, down into left leg, sometimes all the way into the foot. Classic sciatica stuff. Mostly only hurts when standing/walking and at night when sleeping. The muscles in my left leg, especially left calf, twitch a lot.... I used to be worried about ms too, but turns out twitchy muscles are usually TMS related. Makes sense given the reduction in oxygen to certain muscles/nerves, as Dr Sarno explains. So I would imagine that's what is going on with you- a reaction from mild oxygen deprivation, resulting in pain, compounded by fear and obsessive thinking/examining of symptoms.

11. shalya1012

shalya1012 New Member

Yes I have exactly the same switching sides it's crazy. Different parts of different legs. Can't find the six week program? I see the forum for it. Thank you

12. KevinB

KevinB Well known member

13. Rsoup

Rsoup New Member

fear is the enemy

14. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

The Structured Education Program is here: http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Structured_Educational_Program

And Shalya, one of my many symptoms in the summer of 2011 ("Before Sarno") was shaky legs. It had nothing to do with exercise, it had everything to do with anxiety, and it was one of the symptoms that had me fearful of becoming housebound. All gone now, thanks to Dr. Sarno, Claire Weekes, the SEP, and this community.

I assume you've read at least one book by Dr. Sarno (I recommend The Divided Mind). The second book you will want to read is Hope and Help For Your Nerves by Dr. Claire Weekes. Check out this post written today(!) about the power of her book: http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/thread...ing-for-me-if-you-are-in-pain-pls-read.10731/