1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Forgetting About Pain & Moving On

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Ines, Sep 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ines

Ines Well known member

I've noticed that my migraines & headaches go away when I completely forget about them. I know it's going to take time because it's been my constant thought for over 5 years but slowly, and I'm talking baby steps, there have been periods of time where I stopped thinking about it and as soon as I do the headache creeps back. I feel like it's an evil demon I need to exorcise out of my head and that it's stubborn and that eventually this TMS stuff with work.
    I was thinking about the periods of time that I wasn't thinking about pain and "living" as they say, and it was when I was excited about new goals in my life. Things I wasn't capable of even dreaming about before. Mostly physical activity. Just thinking and planning got my mind off the pain.
    How about you guys? Do you ever feel better when you start living? How do you do it? What has worked for you?

2. Mad

Mad Peer Supporter

Idle time is no good for me, it's just that simple. Too much down time and I get bored, and slowly the pain returns. Being mentally focused is my key. The only time that being idle doesn't bother me is once I'm physically tired, then I can actually rest instead of just sitting around

Ines likes this.