1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Forehead tightness and pain

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by stayfit65, Oct 8, 2015.

1. stayfit65

stayfit65 Peer Supporter

Hi,
    Yet another weird symptom has emerged that has been with me this week--I'm thinking it's anxiety/TMS. It's right above the left eyebrow. I also have a weird kind of paralysis feeling, like a spasm when I raise the brow. Anybody experience anything like this? I looked at anxietycentre.com and it listed this as an "anxiety headache." I've had this feeling on my temples before but never on the forehead.
    Thanks,
    Stayfit

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, stayfit. Anxiety can give us headaches in various places. I doubt there is any difference or importance in feelings in your forehead or temples. In either place, try to relax and accept that some anxiety is causing the symptom. Breathe deeply and relax.

I like the video on Youtube from Michael Sealey... "Guided Meditation for Detachment from Over-Thinking," a video about mindfulness and breathing in the present moment. There also are many videos about headaches on Youtube.

3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey Stayfit - if there's one thing you can count on, it's that your brain will create a brand-new symptom custom-designed exclusively for you! Something for which no one else will be able to say "oh, yes - that's exactly what I have".

I ignore all weird symptoms anymore. I know they are TMS. If they get too bothersome even if I think I've been ignoring them, it means I need to get out the pen and paper and do some self-exploration.

My body is fine, it's my brain that needs attention :D

4. stayfit65

stayfit65 Peer Supporter

Thanks for the responses, Walt and Jan. I thought it could possibly be sinuses so last nite I took a Benadryl and today it feels better. Yes, it's true that your mind can take you to some scary places! Again, thanks for the responses.
    Stayfit