1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

fluid in the knee

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Trainert, May 24, 2016.

1. jbrooks

jbrooks New Member

Hi again Baseball and thanks so much for your reply.

I haven’t been at this long, though I had back pain for 15 years and of course that’s gone and now I have this. Go figure. I am in the middle of a divorce and we have a child and so my emotions all over the place. Just for confirmation that it is TMS, I went to see a really good PT today, you can only guess what he had to say. Yea your knee is swollen, maybe some old injury, probably a difference in the strength of the muscles
    , over compensation etc. in other words, not MCL, ACL, arthritis, meniscus etc. that helps in so far as now at least I know I was right about this stuff.

You were right about NSAIDS, I took 3 the other day and they did absolutely nothing. Didn’t reduce swelling or pain.

The problem going forward is going to be how to fix it. I did a ‘push through cause it’s only TMS hike’ and it made it so much worse. Just seems like maybe when my divorce is over maybe things will improve as I start to improve. Until then, I must just have to suffer for a bit. My body is certainly trying to tell me something.

2. Elle

Elle New Member

Thank you! I had my doctor drian the fluids but it didn't help much, I am almost sure it is TMS though...

3. Elle

Elle New Member

Look what I found in the mind body prescription book! Even though doctors Sarno refers to tendonitis of the knee here, a swollen knee can definitely be TMS!

Attached Files:

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  4. jbrooks

jbrooks New Member

Brilliant! I just know this has to be it. Thank you so much for sharing that, the swelling is what I have been really hung up on. So on we go, TMS soldiers on!

Elle and JanAtheCPA like this.