1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Flare up major pain

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by whofeelslove, Apr 11, 2016.

1. whofeelslove

whofeelslove Peer Supporter

Hi folks
    Woke up Saturday morning with major flare up and my hip hurts really bad and my calf muscle hurts to walk again just like pre surgery last year,..
    I know I'm stressed about my job which is stressful but I'm just wondering how to deal with a major flare up? It's got me thinking that there might be something physically wrong again cause it's severe..
    I try to tell myself it's emotional as I just woke up with it Saturday and really just been having progressive back pain all week.
    Not sure where to go from here I'm trying to be gentle with myself but this flare up as got me feeling frustrated and deflated somewhat.. I'm not sure if I should get it medically checked out cause I don't want to enforce the structural
    Ian

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

3. whofeelslove

Hi Walt
    Your right about the job stress and other stressors right now and the fear it might be structural due to the severity of the pain. I've done the SEP before but I've been pre occupied lately super busy and stressed.. My response to the flare up was obsessing about getting rid of it Sunday

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

We can't rush TMS healing. You learned that Sunday. Be patient, hard as that may be, and you will heal.

5. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Sure sounds like strong evidence, Whofeels, that the pain you've experienced (and are having again) is not structural. If you had surgery and the pain went away and now it's back, I'd very much suspect the placebo response (and surgery is a very strong placebo in and of itself).

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  6. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Hi Ian. Sorry to hear about your flare. When you worked through the SEP before, what types of things helped to alleviate the pain? I frequently consult my journal from when I went through the SEP, to see what was most successful.
    You did this once; you can do it again!

7. whofeelslove

Hi folks
    Thankyou all for your support
    Bruce my surgery only helped a little so it wasn't much of a placebo with me cause it was a last resort for me..it took a lot of journaling and looking at my life to work on the fear surrounding the pain. Gigi the SEP helped quite abit to enforce that I'm ok, I know the sinking in of Belief of TMS was the struggle with me and working on my abandonment issues with my mother was helping..if I stood up for myself and expressed my anger at people sometimes that lowered my symptoms
    Thank you