1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Varg, Sep 18, 2022.

1. Varg

Varg Peer Supporter

Hello everyone, I am French. Fifteen years ago I discovered a phobia of death, due to trauma and also to the early death of my godmother. I became a hypochondriac with spasmophilia. I am 18 years old. From that moment on, anxiety became part of my life and I even had to be hospitalized. After that everything was fine but back neck TMJ problem for four years and one day the whole body...Fibromyalgia results...It hurt but it was liveable with tendinitis tensions etc... Last year it was fine I ask for a raise and I hurt myself in sports results thoraco brachial parade since October 2021... Abominable pain And since the piriformis syndrome Hand tendonitis, sciatica... I am a health worker, I work in the hospital. All tests are negative. Perfect Whole Blood Price. I shouldn't be in a position like this. And since the last week, the pain has multiplied by 3. Suddenly anxiety attack and it increases... Hopeless and having tried everything physiotherapist osteopath chiropractic, gluten free, milk free... I have no more hope to live normally i'm 34 i fought all these years but it's coming back stronger I can't sit still for long if not sciatica, no more sport, as soon as I twist my ankle, huge pain in the psoas and groin, inflammation of the pelvis and buttocks, tinnitus... I read mindbody by sarno and I felt found here, since a lot of emotion is surfacing, I'm 95% sure it's due to TMS but I need help I thank you all. I use Google translate to translate this pad. in fact as soon as a symptom disappears with the physiotherapist or osteopath another one always always always always happens I have absolutely no respite for fifteen years and it's really really very hard I still work 40 hours a week. but I no longer have a social life, everything requires superhuman effort, even going out shopping...

2. amanpervaiz

amanpervaiz New Member

Sounds to me like TMS but better to let someone more experienced than me answer.
    Have you tried any medication? Like amitriptyline to take an edge of the pain while you work on the TMS therapy?

3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

@Varg, since you have been seen by so many doctors without relief, I think you are probably correct that you are suffering from TMS. Have you been in psychotherapy? It is important to find a therapist who also believes in the mindbody connection. Asking them to read the same book by Dr Sarno can be helpful.

TG957 likes this.
  4. Varg

Varg Peer Supporter

So yes, I've already had psychoanalysis and psychotherapy, but unfortunately we never mentioned the mind-body relationship... So yes, I've been on the opiate lyrica and laroxyl for ten years and it's impossible for the moment to change my treatment. I also have physio for my thoraco-brachial parade and my buttocks which make me suffer like martyrdom while all the tests are negative I have no MS or neurological disease. No thyroid or hormone worries.

5. mbo

mbo Well known member

It is crystal clear: TMS

https://www.amazon.fr/s?k=John+sarno&__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=1JW9G2SFMUDPF&sprefix=john+sarn%2Caps%2C1180&ref=nb_sb_noss_2 (Amazon.fr : John sarno)

6. Varg

Varg Peer Supporter

7. Varg

Varg Peer Supporter

Un autre exemple depuis sept ans j'ai une hyperlaxcite à la cheville gauche
    Et quand elle tombe I ve a very Big pain in my psoas back et buttock
    Et à chaque Fois, la Peur est impressionnante.
    dès qu'elle se dérobe, je suis pris d'un sentiment d'angoisse extrême, car j'ai peur de cette douleur et cette douleur arrive en 10 minutes et souvent je consulte mon ostéopathe...
    aujourd'hui c'est arrivé en marchant dans la rue, vraiment un gros braquage, dû au dénivelé du terrain...
    sauf que je suis énervé et que je suis entré dans un énorme état de rage.
    Ma douleur est passée de 7/10 à 3/10 est-ce que ça peut être un TMS ?

8. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I had fibromyalgia for 20 years and recovered by treating it as TMS. You can read my success story on my profile page, which includes what I found helpful.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  9. avik

avik Well known member

Im so sorry to hear what you are going through.
    reading your list of symptoms for me...is like me reading my own journal.

I had virtually everything you mentioned above...also for about 15-20 years and I too had reached the bottom.
    Fibromyalgia is a culmination of all unanswered TMS pain.
    Don't be scared... it's simply a diagnosis that was created by the medical community because they have no clue what it is or why it occurs.

I too was given the Fibro diagnosis and that's exactly when my healing started as I knew at that point that "this is just ridiculous".

Is there any wonder that anti-depressants work as a treatment for fibro?

Here's the good news, you are on your way to recovery, even if you don't yet know it.
    You've been through all the nonsense.
    You've seen the doctors and there doesn't appear to be anything wrong.
    You found this forum and you mentioned above "I'm 95% sure it's due to TMS".

Congratulation. Your instincts are correct!
    Getting to this point is a milestone in and of itself.
    You made it here. Now the work begins.

Start journalling TODAY.

Varg...you must write for at least 20 minutes morning and night. Write like your life depends on it.

Let the emotions flow. Dig deep and don't allow your brain to protect you from painful memories.

Writing saved my life.

You are here. You made it.

Now you will finish the job by exorcising the anger, rage, shame, etc that you probably know needs a voice.

TMS is your body telling you "I need to get this shit out!"

Congratulations. You made it through all the pain to arrive here. Smile. Be proud of yourself. It took enormous strength to get to this point.

Now finish the job! https://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Structured_Educational_Program (Structured Educational Program)

JanAtheCPA and TG957 like this.
  10. JanAtheCPA

Nice to hear from you @avik!!! dancea

11. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Fibromyalgia is TMS and this is the best forum to help you recover.

Start with using the search tool in the top right corner of the screen. Search for the posts on fibromyalgia, first for the success stories. I recommend every newcomer to read success stories daily, because this is how you go from 95% confidence to 100% confidence that a) you have TMS and b) you will recover.

Work through the SEP (structured educational program), read books recommended here on the forum.

Be patient, because it takes time. Do not set a timeline, no matter how impatient you are.

When confused or lost, ask questions! There are many people here who are willing to help!

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  12. avik

avik Well known member

Hey Jan

Hope alls well.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  13. Varg

Varg Peer Supporter

The thing that made me click it's the fact that as soon as I heal a tendinitis or contracture, some other things appear right away, relentlessly, foot tendinitis, sprains, tendonitis in the wrists. I practice bodybuilding but since last year I have a thoracobrachial parade, the pain is absolutely horrible and as always nothing on the exam, I will do everything to get out of it, I am told fibromyalgia, posture problem, jaw problem , orthopedic insoles but nothing ... it's TMS even if the pain is very real I read Sarno's book and I do the program while keeping the diary.

TG957 likes this.
  14. Varg

Varg Peer Supporter

But please I want ur help for heal

15. Varg

Varg Peer Supporter

J'ai déjà fait une semaine de SEP donc ma douleur a diminué pour le moment je n'ai que mes mains le reste rien. par contre mon anxiété et ma dépression ont augmenté et logiquement je ne les ressens pas ainsi. mais je n'abandonnerai jamais... merci de votre aide pour tout et oui, je finirai le programme dans tous les cas car j'ai l'impression que certaines choses ont changé tout de même, même si c'est si difficile en ce moment.. . mais quand ça fait mal partout c'est normal de déclencher de la haine, de la tristesse, et de la dépression, après avoir su qui est l'œuf ou la poule... on verra à la fin du programme, ma douleur se déclenche quand je fais un faux mouvement je 'ai peur d'avoir mal et la douleur vient plus tard... l'émotion serait la peur ?

16. avik

avik Well known member

Varg can you send the above message translated to English?

17. TG957

From Google Translate:
    I have already done a week of SEP so my pain has decreased for the moment I only have my hands, the rest nothing. on the other hand my anxiety and my depression have increased and logically I do not feel them so. but i will never give up... thank you for your help with everything and yes i will finish the program anyway because i feel like some things have changed all the same, even though it is so difficult in this moment.. . but when it hurts everywhere it's normal to trigger hatred, sadness, and depression, after knowing which is the egg or the chicken... we'll see at the end of the program, my pain triggers when I make a wrong move I'm afraid of hurting and the pain comes later... the emotion would be fear?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2022
  18. TG957

Increase in anxiety and depression is typical. It is very simple: your pain came from suppressed emotions. Now you released your emotions and you FEEL them. You need to learn how to handle them without suppressing them and without fearing them. It is the next step.

19. JanAtheCPA

o_O

20. TG957

Thank you - corrected the mistake!