1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 20 feels like going backwards

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by JoeB1, Aug 10, 2015.

1. JoeB1

JoeB1 Peer Supporter

This past week I've felt like I've been doing much better.. I've been pushing harder at the gym and bending over "improperly" to pick things up and even lifted a heavy bar of copper off the floor at work today. I've been thinking about the pain much less and have been living more and more fearlessly. But then after work, I was at the grocery store and bent over to get a damn bag of carrots and the pain that I thought I mostly conquered came back! So now I'm all tight and in bed for the rest of the night. It's so discouraging. Fortunately, my subconscious mind almost systematically will bring the pain down for me after I rest for a while to keep me believing that the pain is from a physical weakness. Or maybe I've been pushing too hard and my body is telling me that I'm putting too much stress on it and that I need to cut back again... who knows..

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Joe. I think you need to work more on believing 100 percent that your pain is from TMS and not from any physical weakness. That may very well be holding back your healing.

3. JoeB1

JoeB1 Peer Supporter

Hey Walt. Man, I would absolutely LOVE to fully accept it subconsciously %100! ..but ... how do I do it??

4. JoeB1

JoeB1 Peer Supporter

I know, I know.. just keep doing the SEP. Will do.

5. everlong

everlong New Member

Hi Joe, what i found works for me is constantly telling myself its not structural and also talking to others about it, when you talk to others about it not only does your belief increase, your openly talking about it and the information is constantly there in the consious mind, that then sinks into the subconscious, you are what you believe its mind over matter really. Dr Sarnos positive affirmations may also help.

JoeB1 likes this.
  6. JoeB1

JoeB1 Peer Supporter

Thanks everlong. Yes, it definitely helps talking to others about. Every time I hear, "wow, that makes sense" after I explain it to someone, it really does help it sink in more. I've told 6 people already and none of them rejected it. But then I get pain the next day and it seems to undo everything.

7. Stella

Stella Well known member

Dr. Alan Gordon talks about creating an evidence sheet. List all the reasons why you know this debilitating pain is being created by your mind. Then study this list as a way to move into the 100% belief.

Read my story. Send me a private message if you would like to talk.

You can do this. I know you can.

JoeB1 likes this.
  8. JoeB1

JoeB1 Peer Supporter

Thanks for the encouragement Stella! That was quite a story! Thank you for sharing it. I might be taking you up on your offer to talk.