1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Feeling Hopeful

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jhawki, Jan 5, 2015.

1. jhawki

jhawki Newcomer

My name is Jessica, I'm 34 years old and am suffering from severe back pain. My back pain has come and gone from about the age of 14 but intensifies with every episode. This "episode" came on strong about a month ago and has not let up, getting worse everyday. I heard about Dr. Sarno and have read Healing Back Pain. I'm excited to learn how to handle my TMS and return to my normal daily activity.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Jessica. I'm sorry you have severe back pain but you've come to the right place for help.

I got severe back pain two years ago and asked a nurse friend what to take and she
    said take nothing, but read Dr. Sarno's Healing Back Pain. I did and followed his advice
    and the Structured Educational Program and within weeks I was pain-free.

I journaled to discover repressed anger and other harmful emotions that went back to my boyhood.
    That led me to understanding my parents and older brother better and to forgiving them (they had
    all passed on, but I forgave them in my heart).

I would probably have healed even faster if I had believed 100 percent that my back pain was from
    repressed emotions and not anything structural. I withheld about 10 belief that the pain was from aging
    (I was 82 at the time). When I told my subconscious I believed 100 percent in 100, the pain went away.

You did yourself a big favor by starting the SEP because it will take you on a day-to-day healing
    technique course that will lead to you becoming totally free of pain.

Since your pain is from TMS repressed emotions, it may move around, from your back to other
    parts of your body. Don't worry, it will all go away in time, as you learn your repressed emotions
    and deal with them. Or the TMS pain may be from a perfectionist or "goodist" personality,
    wanting everyone to like you for everything all the time. Those can cause problems with relationships.

So you've started off on the "Yellow Brick Road" of TMS that will lead you to tje "Emerald City" of
    not only being pain-free, but having a much better knowledge of yourself and others
    that will make you a happier person.

Please keep us informed about your progress.

Best of wishes to you for the healing adventure you are on in the new year.