1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Feel stressed but not sure why

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Toby2015, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Toby2015

Toby2015 Peer Supporter

I'm a bit confused on how I feel right now. I went to my cousins house Friday for wine and a chat. She has a terminally ill little girl. It upset me as she has deteriated a lot and my cousins very up and down emotionally.
    Since then I have had awful IBS, I think the wine triggered it but ever since then I've felt really angry too. I can't put my finger on why.
    I've had headaches too and I feel quite stressed.
    I'm wondering how to deal with these problems. I'm telling myself it's only TMS but it's not enough. What do I do when the source of my emotional problems are not clear?

karinabrown likes this.
  2. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

There is nothing in our lives more devastating than losing a child, whether that's your own or someone close to you. Anger is a perfectly reasonable reaction. Anger at the world, at the medical profession that can't save this little girl? Anger because you feel helpless? Anger goes hand in hand with headaches and stomachaches. Thinking about a situation and turning up a blank is stressful in itself. Perhaps you could do some free writing, put down whatever comes into your head about this situation and see what turns up on the paper. It may not bring you instant relief but may shed some light on what's going on with you emotionally. Kindest regards to you, Toby. Please take care.

Mermaid likes this.
  3. Toby2015

Toby2015 Peer Supporter

I will do the journalling, thanks yb44,
    I can see your point about the symptoms going hand in hand although I feel that some of this situation is made worse as I feel guilty for not visiting as much as I should. It is a long story but my cousin and I have not been close for a long while due to her unreasonable behaviour, (before her child was sick) since she has become sick she has become worse as you can imagine and pushed Her immediate family away, I have tried not to get involved in all that but it really upset me to see her on her own Which is why I went down. I do want to be there for her but how do I do that without causing more stress or TMS symptoms?