1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Feel Jittery at Home

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by 2scoops, Jul 9, 2017.

1. 2scoops

2scoops New Member

I'm having a difficult time while at home. I sit down and feel jittery like I want to start shaking. My chest gets tight, I may cough, get asthma like symptoms and like a burning in my nose. If I leave the symptoms go away. Some back story is the basement flooded and I had mold, had remediation come out so i was gone for a couple of weeks while the leak was fixed too. My brother stays here and was in the hospital for 3 weeks so I was worried about him because we lost our sister about this time last year. He was in the hospital for pneumonis and could eat or swallow. So I'm not sure if I'm reacting to something in the house like gas, bacteria etc or if its a classical case of conditionimg.

2. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm by no means an authority on mold, but I would definitely leave a wide option open that this is TMS. I've been dealing with property management for decades and "mold" was NEVER an issue until recently--coincidental with our culture becoming highly litigious. My seat of pants tells me "mold" is BS. Do some research using "mold scam" to see if there is another side to the issue. I bet like with TMS issues regarding "whiplash", in countries where you can't sue for whiplash, it doesn't exist--it's probably the same with "mold".

MWsunin12 likes this.
  3. 2scoops

2scoops New Member

Yeah I can definitely see that. Any idea why I feel like this at home? TMS or possible gas leak?

4. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  5. Celayne

Celayne Well known member

I frequently felt ill in my old house. It started after a couple of years there, anxiety, muscle aches, skin problems, food allergies, tight chest, couldn't take a deep breath. All these things came and went, but I really felt crummy for about nine years. Finally moved, put the house on the market. My buyers did an extremely thorough inspection. I was sure they would find mold in the walls because I'd read about mold toxicity and many of the reported symptoms are ones I'd had. Well, the inspector found only that the radon level was higher than EPA standards allowed. As far as I am aware, radon exposure is not good but it is not responsible for my symptoms. Plus, many of the symptoms have continued in my new home. I've been here for six months.

One reason I thought it was something in the house was that when I'd be away for a few days, sometimes even for a night, I would feel dramatically better.

Now that I've learned about TMS, I correlated psychological stresses that occurred while I lived in that house with my symptoms. I was really sure that when I moved I would no longer feel sick but since TMS doesn't just go away without work, I am still dealing with symptoms but am seeing progress.

So, long story short, I would say your anxiety and other symptoms is likely TMS.

Tennis Tom likes this.