1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Facet Joint Sprain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by katie, Jan 14, 2013.

1. katie

katie New Member

Hi there. I am a week into the structured program with good results and today for some reason I started doubting the TMS diagnosis. Last time I saw the doctor, he said he thinks I may have sprained a facet joint and that is causing my pain. I don't remember any trauma. He saw fluid around the joint on an MRI. I also had a bulge and a disc tear. I have been having back pain since October. I am not sure if anyone has experience with facet joints? Could this be TMS? Is sounds like an accute injury but I have been having pain for many months. I also have had a long pain history.
    Also, what do you do when you slip up and start to doubt. I feel like I need to start over.

2. gailnyc

gailnyc Well known member

I don't know about facet joints but I do understand about doubt. I wish I could get rid of my doubts. Have you been to see a TMS doctor? I have an appointment in March and I'm hoping that will help put and end to doubt.

veronica73 likes this.