1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Eye discharge and dry eyes

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by NameK, May 21, 2019.

Tags:
  1. NameK

NameK Well known member

Okay so this has been my longest tms symptoms my dry eyes has gotten alot better I only really notice it late at night when in stressed and it doesn't typically bother me.

The only thing that has lingered is when I wake up I always have alot of eye discharge, and debris and I always have to wipe my eyes with my fingers to get it all out because sometimes my eyes feel shut due to it. I believe is is called blepharitis (eyelid inflammation)

I saw a optromentist about it and she said the cause is unknown and I've had this since about the summer of 2017 and I know I shouldn't run my eyes with my fingers and I should probably use a cloth or something softer to get the debris out.

2. Amina.84

Amina.84 Peer Supporter

Hi. How are your eyes now please? I have some eyes symptoms too since the last year. Hope to have an aswer it will be really appreciable. Thank you

3. NameK

NameK Well known member

My eyes are alot better now I stopped focusing/ worrying about them ( mainly because i was more worried about other things)

But my last eye check up the eye doctor didn't mention any dryness

4. Amina.84

Amina.84 Peer Supporter

Thank you very much for your answer, it's nice.
    Can I ask you if you remember what color your eye level discharges were? and if you had other associated symptoms such as itching or burning?

Thanks again for your reply, have a nice day

5. Booble

Booble Well known member

I have blepharitis, dry eyes, and discharge as well.
    My dry eyes and dry throat both cleared up really well through TMS work. The discharge continues. Itch-iness varies.
    Discharge varies sometimes it's hard little yellow-ish crumbs, other times it's identical to snot.

6. Amina.84

Amina.84 Peer Supporter

Thank you for your answer. I have this yellow discharge too and tried ton of treatement without result. It's for that reason that I thinl that it's TMS related.
    Are you able to wear eye makeup?

7. Booble

Booble Well known member

I think the TMS connection is connected the way allergies are mentally manifested/worsened.
    I don't treat it but just wipe it away and try to reduce the allergies in general.
    My mother and her mother both had blepharitis too. My mother went to several different doctors and nothing helped. They told her to wash her eyelashes in the shower with baby shampoo. One told her it was related to her jaw and had her wear a mouth piece. Nothing really worked. (She was also feeling a grittiness inside her eyes as if a lash was stuck in there but nothing was there.)

I'm one of the few women that don't wear makeup so I haven't encountered that issue. I just wipe the guck away and sometimes find it fascinating that my snot can come out my eye.

8. tag24

tag24 New Member

Oh wow, so your dry eye did actually improve with decreased focus on it/stress generally? That's great, good for you. I'm in a similar boat with minor MGD that's becoming a major nuisance atm, so this is good to hear.