1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Excruciating IT Band Pain - All Insight Appreciated!

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by RudyCantFail, Sep 13, 2018.

1. RudyCantFail

RudyCantFail Newcomer

Hi Folks,

I am brand new to this forum and I am looking for some much needed insight. I have been dealing with awful IT band pain on and off for years. Typically it comes and then goes away after a few days, but this time it will not cease. I have pain at the attachment point at my hip and throughout my knee. It is pain to the point where I have to lift my leg up with my hands to get out of bed. The pain is so bad it has kept me up most nights for the last week and a half.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I have had some success dealing with other physical pain, but for some reason I am having a hard time fully accepting that this is TMS. It would be very helpful to hear of anyone else's experiences with IT band issues.

Thank you!

2. MWsunin12

MWsunin12 Beloved Grand Eagle

Rudy,

Sorry to hear of your pain. I haven't dealt with IT pain like yours, but if it did "come and go" in the past then it most likely is TMS.

I would do Alan Gordon's program which is here on the forum and read each section, listen to his audio included.
    It sounds like it would be helpful for you to go over the ideas and philosophy of TMS, calm your nervous system and find som help and hope by reading success stories. Also...if you haven't....read Steve Ozanich's "Great Pain Deception." He went through about every excruciating leg, hip, knee, foot pain that could be possible.

Keep the hope. You don't need to find someone who has the exact same symptoms. It's not about the symptoms.
    People on here have had every symptom possible. Just remember that it has gone away before. This time it's here to keep you from dealing with something emotional or a current issue in your life.
    Take a look at that.

best wishes