1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Exciting Times (never thought that possible in 2020)

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by adamkingy02, Dec 14, 2020.

1. adamkingy02

adamkingy02 Newcomer

Hi,

I have just signed up to this wiki after doing "Week 0" and listening to a couple of audiobooks (Sarno and Ozanich).

I've had back pain my entire adult life. It has gone progressively worse and, in recent years, my brain decided to add shoulder (both), hip (both) and knee(both) pain in just for a laugh. After learning about TMS, I now officially despise my own brain.

I have accepted the diagnosis intellectually and my body seems to have listened for the most part. I've resumed more strenuous physical exercise and had some pain. But now I just tell the pain to **** ***! This seems to get rid of it. However, the pain has now moved to my neck and I seem unable to shake it. The pain only comes when I'm trying to get to sleep and I haven't gone to sleep without basic paracetamol (I'm British and not sure what the brands are for this in the US.) I'm sure this is feeding the problem but I just want to sleep.

Anyway, here is hoping this programme can help as it's seemed to for so many people.

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  2. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

Welcome, akamking02! I can personally vouch that this program works. I rid myself of all pain issues years ago thanks to Dr. Sarno, as well as other people, books, and places like this. I had chronic back pain (sciatica) for 15 years, tennis elbow for 2 years, and a myriad of lesser problems. As stated, they are no longer issues.

If you are still struggling a bit, I can highly, highly recommend Alan Gordon's Pain Recovery Program. http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/ (Pain Recovery Program)
    In recent years I've had a battle with a fatigue related issue and Alan's program has been a godsend.

Best of luck with your journey!! (I think you're in the right place :))

adamkingy02 likes this.
  3. Leelee

Leelee New Member

Hi Adam

Best of luck with yr Journey on sep, and stay positive I have healed twice on this program,
    comming to the end of it again. I’m british
    also. I’m happy to chat also if you need support on program.
    Have a good day.
    Lee

adamkingy02 likes this.