1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

evidence sheet

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by tunnelight, Sep 6, 2015.

1. tunnelight

tunnelight New Member

Would anyone be so kind as to share their evidence sheet?

The fascinating thing about TMS is how random it is. Maybe that's why it's so frustrating for those of us who would like a perfect little bullet point explanation/treatment plan.

My symptoms are all over the place... switching from foot to foot, inside to outside, burning to stinging, stiff to sore. One day something helps (sitting, standing, certain shoes, wraps, hot, cold) and the next day it makes it worse.

Just thought it would be nice to hear from others who have gone through this.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I didn't keep an evidence sheet, but healed through journaling.
    Dr. Sarno says in THE MINDBODY PRESCRIPTIon: "By changing the focus of attention from the body to the psyche (mind) we render the pain useless, take away its purpose, and reveal what it was trying to hide. In a small number of cases, the person must actually experience the emotion, like rage or profound sadness, before the pain will cease."

3. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Tunnel, that's the problem with TMS, the obsessive nature of wanting to do everything in a specific order goes out of the window.

There is no strategy that fits all, there are only a set of tools and it's how we incorporate these into our day to day living that brings about change.

You can follow a SEP, which will give you a guide, but ultimately healing is up to yourself - there is no perfect little bullet point explanation/treatment plan.

I've attached the type of headers that I use in my evidence sheet, it's very basic but will give you something to work with.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
    Grateful17 likes this.
  4. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

An evidence sheet is an excellent idea. My breakthroughs came when I began to search for anomalies within the pain. My foot was a great example. i spent two days sick in bed and my foot was fine before hand. Went to go to the bathroom in the morning and could barely stand on the foot. Either it was an infection caused by sickness or TMS. My doctor ruled out the infection so it had to be TMS... simply astounding and really helped me to accept that my mind is capable of creating such severe pain.

5. tunnelight

tunnelight New Member

Thanks guys for the advice and support! I admire you all for your strength and courage.

6. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

What's an "evidence sheet"?

7. tunnelight

tunnelight New Member

I saw it mentioned in Alan Gordon's program. It's a list of reasons that you believe that your symptoms are caused by TMS.

8. Tennis Tom

Boston Redsox likes this.
  9. tunnelight

tunnelight New Member

Thanks TT - Can't help but notice that many of them begin with "change". :)

10. Tennis Tom

Yes, the cause of TMS is change in our "HOMEOSTASIS"--or comfort zone. Our sub-c gremlin, does not like change. This has been scientifically proven and mentioned by Dr. Sarno in European studies (the "best" kind), at the single cell level. It was the outside "structure" of the cell that exhibited stress, not the nuclei "brain". Forgive me if I've mangled cell structure terminology, it's been a about fifty years since I took any biology classes in high school, and I'm a tennis player not a lab tech--but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express in Winnemucca, Nevada a few nights ago.

Lunarlass66 likes this.
  11. tunnelight

tunnelight New Member

I think you're referring to the cell wall, but "structure" sounds much more sophisticated. :D

I like the term sub-c gremlin. Maybe those are the little guys following me around and stabbing me in the ankles! :meh:

Tennis Tom likes this.