1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

EMDR?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by riverrat, Aug 12, 2016.

1. riverrat

riverrat Well known member

Hi everyone,
    I can't find an actual TMS therapist near me, but I was emailing with one that sounded mind/bodyish. While she said she is not a TMS therapist, she did say she does EMDR therapy for unfelt emotions. Any experiences or thoughts on this type of therapy being helpful for TMS?
    Thanks.

2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

There are many TMS therapists who work over Skype. I highly recommend the ones that work with Alan Gordon at his center. They have a lot of experience dealing with TMS which has more weight to me than face-to-face contact. I worked with Amber Murphy (on the TMS Wiki list) via Skype and she is very good.

riverrat likes this.
  3. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

4. riverrat

Yes nothing close enough to travel. :(

5. riverrat

I did check with Alan Gordon actually. They can't take my insurance. And currently because of using all my money up on physical treatments, i need to replenish my savings back up, o am really financially drained right now...

6. riverrat

i am finding Alan's recovery plan here very helpful at least.

7. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

I am so sorry... Then I would say that an open-minded non-TMS practitioner is better than nothing, especially if they are willing to follow the TMS protocol.

8. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

9. she333

she333 Peer Supporter

If you read the Body Keeps the Score, Define a very interesting account by the psychiatrist who wrote it about emdr. He writes about all kinds of treatment to address trauma and PTSD. He recounts the history of EMDR and how at first wasn't so widely accepted. Makes sense because it does seem kind of simplistic and strange. However, it was found to be more successful than many other treatments. I'm just starting some auditory version of it. I don't know if that will be as good as the visual version but we'll see.

10. riverrat

Thanks for the replies!