1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Electric Jolt

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Lucylu, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Lucylu

Lucylu New Member

I.am.scared.

I have had every TMS symptom I've experienced, yet, flare up today.

While I was driving last night, I was driving around a dangerous curve. I am always worried about cars coming down and meeting me on this curve. I felt an electric shock go up my spine and hum in my ears. I've never ever felt that before. It only lasted a second, but made me feel like I was going to pass out. Nothing else happened after it stopped. No twiches, etc.

Last month, my tennis elbow flared up, causing numbness in my thumb from time to time. It has stopped when I watched success stories on YouTube. As soon as that stopped, I started feeling a warm spot on top of my foot periodically. I don't remember feeling the warm spot on my foot yesterday, but then I had the electric jolt last night!

I worry about MS.

I was so worked up this morning about MS that my tennis elbow flared up, my fingers itched, my thumb went numb, warm spot came and went on foot, my hands turned red, but as soon as I calm down-it all goes away.

I'm just worried about that jolt.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Lucylu. I think you worried about having MS and it brought on more TMS symptoms. You were thinking the worst... "catastrophizing"... and that is never worthwhile. We can think ourselves into being sick or well.

Have you done the Structured Educational Program, free in the subforum of this web site? It helps you to discover the repressed emotions that are causing the symptoms you have. You have noticed that when you calm down, the pains go away. Don't worry about the jolt you felt. It's just another way your subconscious is telling you to find out the emotions causing your symptoms.

3. Lucylu

Lucylu New Member

Thanks, Walt. I have started the SEP. You're right, I am catastrophizing. I have a friend who has MS, and i hate that so much for her.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  4. Lucylu

Lucylu New Member

Rereading my post makes me smile. Because my symptoms come and go like the wind when I get worked up, those have been "caught in the act!" It makes sense to me that a new one should be added to replace the ones that aren't working anymore.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  5. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Sounds like you had a Kundalini experience--kool! Get a guide.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kundalini

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  6. Lucylu

Lucylu New Member

That's pretty sweet!

JanAtheCPA and Tennis Tom like this.
  7. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

That TT, he cracks me up.

Lucy, I can't even describe the various weird little neuro symptoms I've had off and on my whole life - and still have. I never took them seriously, assuming they were just part of living inside the extremely complex physiological and neurological construct that is the human body and mind, which can't possibly work perfectly all the time. Now I know even more, about how our brains constantly tease us with their ultimate power.

I hear your concern about MS. One of the mystery conditions. There are a few radical people out there who think that MS is the result of extreme emotional stress, or repression. Dr Gabor Mate is the one that comes to mind because I am a huge fan of his book. He offers a preview here http://drgabormate.com/preview/when-the-body-says-no-chapter-one/

MS was also mentioned in the movie The Connection.