1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Dry eye syndrome

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by NameK, Nov 16, 2020.

Tags:
  1. NameK

NameK Well known member

Hello as some of you may know dry eyes was my first symptom that started causing me alittle discomfort in my day to day life. This started sometime in the summer of 2017.

I saw a optermist (eye doctor) and she said it could be from allergies, sinuses, too much screen time. However she never really determined the cause and told me to use lubricant eye drops and sent me on my way.

So I always wake up with gritty sand debris in my eyes that i have wipe out along with light sensitivity and sometimes alittle blurry vison. And a dry mouth and nose.

It didn't really bother me much so i didn't really use the eye drops much.

Recently though it was gotten worse.

Every since last week I've woken up with really dry eyes to the point my left eye is in pain and it feels itchy and like there is debris always in stuck in there.

I saw my eye doctor on Friday and she just said your eyes are dry couldn't find anything wrong other then that.

But my eye drops aren't helping right now.

I think my overall health might be a factor recently I haven't been sleeping well like 5 hours of sleep a night.

I have not been drinking much water and I've been using my phone and gaming alot ! So these could be contributing factors and I've been very stressed as well.

Is this tms ?

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

It could be - often people use phones/gaming/tv etc to distract themselves from the stress building up... Dry/irritated eyes could be you not liking what you see - what is there in your life that might trigger that? Being stressed causes many symptoms and sleeplessness.... so whether it is tms or another cause - it is sensible for you to sort out stress now...
    I used to have a lot of dry eye problems and used oodles of drops - which rarely felt better for more than a few minutes...but now i have worked thru all my tms problems (altho i still find a few extras now and then...!) i find i only get dry eyes when the weather changes..... weird!!

3. NameK

NameK Well known member

According to my optermist its dry eyes are becoming more common due to extended screentime use but yet im the only person I know who has it hmmmm....

There are tons of software engineers, it techs who spend all day on computers and they don't seem to have it?.

I definitely do use video games, my phone as a way of relieving stress for sure but at the moment I can't seem to enjoy them because of how irritated my eyes are this past week .

That being said the weather has been kind of weird here it was pretty cold and now it's raining and windy so that could have an effect as well. My right eye feels like something is poking it when I blink at times and both feel like there is something in the corner of them but when I check there isn't anything its like my eyelids are inflammed/ irritated my eyes don't actually look that red and it doesn't make sense to how dry they feel.

I also sleep next to an air conditioner and those have been said to dry out your eyes along with heat kn the house is also on too.

I also haven't been taking care of myself in regards to drinking enough water or sleeping enough both which can definitely cause dry eyes among other things add that with stress and you can create a whole walk of symptoms.

I also have an inflamed nose because of a surgery to correct my septum when I was 16. So that could cause eye issues according to the eye doctor but who knows

4. tag24

tag24 New Member

Hey NameK! Was wondering how your eyes have been in the last few years - among my other TMS issues, I've got dry eye going on myself right now and have been wondering if it's stress related. What ended up happening with yours?

(I ask because it's a symptom without many explicit success stories, even though it's been discussed quite a bit here...! Sorry to resurrect an old post xP )

Last edited: Jun 16, 2023
  5. NameK

NameK Well known member

Hello sorry for the late reply my dry eyes are not an issue anymore in fact the past few times I went to the eye doctor for my check ups they didn't mention any dryness.

Yesh sometimes my eyes will get dry but it happens to everyone especially if you use screens alot but it's alot better now