1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Dreadful Neck Pain and Shoulder Pain

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by yesvee, Jun 13, 2021.

1. yesvee

yesvee Newcomer

I cured myself from chronic and debilitating back pain 10 years back by reading great Dr. Sarno's "Healing Back Pain - Mind Body Connection". I feel I know the drill.
    I always had nagging neck pain but I ignored it.
    Last week I had a bout so serious that I could feel the nerve pinch in my right shoulder when I turned my head towards my right side. I had to drop the glass in my hand and the pain is so dreadful that I was afraid to move even a half inch of my head or even breath because the pain is so IMMENSE, I was in tears.
    I am even dreaded to find which way to turn the neck to even reduce the pain. (this pain is so immense I feel death is easy).
    I have to freeze in that exact position as I am SCARED to move my neck around (for that matter any muscle in the body). I want to get some respite and know if anyone knows the kind of pain I am talking about and guide me in a way that I can be pain free. I strongly feel this is TMS and read the book all over again and read all the success stories.
    I have had two more bouts in the last one week and am dreaded to apply the set of rules/principles mentioned in the book. I am SCARED. Any help is appreciated.

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

If you are worried - see your Dr anyway. But go to the Structured Educational Program on the main tmswiki site and work your way through it.... just follow the program and you will discover what your triggers are and what repressed emotions are probably causing your pain... good luck

Aimee88 and Ellen like this.
  3. yesvee

yesvee Newcomer

Thank you for the response hecate105

4. yesvee

yesvee Newcomer

This is great information. Thank you Deziner4. Appreciate it

5. Celayne

Celayne Well known member

Your fear of the pain will increase the pain. Reducing the pain with the technique that Deziner4 shared should help get your brain out of the extreme fear that keeps you from moving and put you in a place where you can start to heal.

Aimee88 likes this.