1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Dr. Hanscom's Blog Dr. Hanscom on Dr. Oz

Discussion in 'Mindbody Blogs (was Practitioner's Corner)' started by Back In Control Blog, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Back In Control Blog

Back In Control Blog Well known member

[​IMG]

DOCC Project introduction on the Dr. Oz Show December 5, 2013.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cuphalffull

cuphalffull New Member

I watched you on the Dr.Oz show!

As a HUGE believer in Metaphysics, I have been delving into the "why's" of my chronic pain for several years. I have been able to manage it, but not get rid of it. Short story...I developed a nocturnal seizure disorder 12 years ago after giving birth to my son. In 2010 I had three of them back to back in my sleep, and when I woke up my hand was sore. I noticed changes taking place in my body in the months to come after that. Pain, weakness, etc. I finally talked my Neurologist into getting me a spinal MRI where they learned I had spinal stenosis and 2 large bone spurs that had grown on the vertebrae. I was told that I would require an ACDF or I would eventually become quadriplegic. I was told this was imperative due to the seizures looming in the background, the narrowing of the spinal canal, and the fact that the bone spurs had already somewhat damaged my spinal cord. SO...I had the surgery. They also did two carpal tunnel surgeries that year...to no avail. My hands still burn (and up the forearm), and there is still nerve pain. My muscles and joints are also not very happy with all of this, and I also have lumbar pain. My husband will often say I feel like plastic.

I liked what you said about feeling 'trapped' because I relate to that. I work very hard at being a positive person, and releasing whatever anxiety I have surrounding it all, but I do still feel anxious at times. I am definitely not an angry person. In fact, the only way to deal with all of this (for me) is to remain positive. I have spent the last years forgiving everything, and everyone, including myself. Any anger that I may have felt no longer resides within me. Anyways, I am completely open and available to getting out this 'trap' so here I am. When I saw you on the show, I knew it was for a reason. I am always divinely guided.

I definitely will get your book.

Looking forward to reading it.

Warm regards,

Cuphalffull.

North Star likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I watch Dr. Oz now and then, when I have time or remember to,
    but can't help being skeptical about some of the guests, and Oz himself.
    He must make tons of money with his charm and degree and
    has to come up with several guests for each program. His research staff
    probably recommends those who can generate the most viewers,
    so some subjects and treatments may slip into the show.

I have, however, found some of the guests and advice helpful.
    I just can't remember which ones.
    What I do remember is the advice of a journalism professor to
    new reporters: "Never trust what someone tells you. Check it out.
    If your mother says she loves you, check it out!"

haha

4. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Sounds very much as if Dr. Oz's programming is driven by marketing staff. Little old ladies are often more receptive to bunko schemes run by a nice, pleasant, friendly young man full of charm (and hidden guile).

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

My little old lady mother watched tv evangelists and sent money to the good-looking ones.
    They're the audience the charmers are looking for.