1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 4 Doctor's Assessments

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by redeemed27, Oct 15, 2014.

1. redeemed27

redeemed27 New Member

The most discouraging message I have gotten from the various practitioners I have seen for my pain is the idea that if I just follow their program long enough and often enough, it will make a huge difference and I will find relief. I heard this from chiropractors, physical therapists, Feldenkrais practitioners, Hellerwork therapists, acupuncturists, etc, etc. After a while I stopped believing them, as nothing ever helped, but I kept trying, and cooperating.
    The single most memorable thing a doctor ever told me was "You have a very unusual set of symptoms." This was a doctor I had seen many times for my chronic neck pain. She had already sent me to several different practitioners with no results. On this particular visit, I told her about some of the additional more recent symptoms I had and this was her response. It was discouraging at the time, because it sounded like I was never going to find anybody that could make sense out of what was going on with me and help me. But now, when I think about what she said, it makes so much sense. She couldn't find one physical condition (or a couple) to explain my complaints, because there isn't one! My brain is working overtime to protect me by creating a host of symptoms. I hope I'm on the right track now and that someday soon I will actually begin to improve, instead of continuing to develop additional physical and psychological symptoms.

Lavender likes this.
  2. blake

blake Well known member

Hi Redeemed27,

My TMS also shows us as neck pain, like you. I totally understand your frustation. I went to many different physical therapists, and the last one really just wanted my money. She really had no empathy for my pain at all. I felt like I was just paying for her trips down south.

The day I discovered TMS was such a happy one for me. One of the first things I did was to call her and tell her I wouldn't be needing her services anymore. Now, thanks to TMS knowledge, I'm working full time again, so I'm hoping that the next time I pay for a trip, it will be for me and family!

I've been doing TMS work for 4.5 months now. I finished the structured program about 2 months ago. While I still have pain, it is much milder now and I usually know why it happened and what to do about it. I know for a fact that I still have repressed emotions to understand, feel and release, but I'm confident that once I do, my pain will go away completely. Because, there's nothing wrong with my body! This stuff really, really works.

Keep doing the program. It's so great that it's free and there's just so much valuable information on there.

All the best on your healing journey!

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) and Ellen like this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Redeemed27. Yes, I know all about people like chiropractors saying to stick with their treatment and the pain will go away.
    I was under a chiro's care for several years and it looked like it it would be a lifelong weekly visit at $80 a trip. I finally stopped.

I've found that the only real pain relief comes from TMS knowledge and healing practices that are in the Sarno and Ozanich books
    and in the forums at this web site. Blake and Ellen know, as I do, that it's the best way to become free of pain.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  4. aziemski

aziemski New Member

When i went to my family doctor about my pain, he listened to me and then said "so what were you hoping i could do for you today? "

I was floored. You mean you want me to tell you what to do? You don't know what to do?

It just got worse with every chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, osteopath, and other healers i tried. They all started out with an enthusiastic diagnosis and a treatment plan that they were certain would help me. And each of them had a different theory as to what my problem was. But after my insurance money would inevitably run out, i left them shrugging their shoulders and scratching their heads. still in pain and with no benefits left, i gave up on hearing their theories and resigned myself to a life of chronic pain. Thank god i found Dr. Sarno's book and i have some hope again!

Tennis Tom and Boston Redsox like this.