1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Doctor not sure what is wrong with me

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Marla, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Marla

Marla Peer Supporter

So few months ago I wrote and said I was having buttock pain and that pain was traveling, having a lot of stomach problems this past year off and on.

So now buttock pain long gone, and after getting bad flu for two weeks in Dec I was so happy to be better I slowly started eating anything I wanted and drinking wine but also building fires every night for heat and next thing I know I am having chest heaviness, mid back pain, some chest tightening, allergies, and getting super tired and coughing a bit after exercise.

Now my anxiety and fear is coming on again worse. So I decided to go to doctor to make sure I didn't have heart problems and see which it was gerd stomach stuff again (which I know I can manage at home through diet and TMS) or if like doc thinks it is asthma stuff.

So I went to doc yesterday and she put me on gerd meds for two weeks and if that doesn't fix it then asthma meds.

Meanwhile I am dealing with a lot of fear to exercise even though doctor told me my heart was fine.

I joined a meditation group that meets weekly last month, it is helping, and belong to mindfulness book club.

Todays symptoms are chest heaviness, mid back pain, and anxiety.

Its a beautiful sunny day and leaving for walk soon. I do know best way to fight fear is to face it head on no matter how hard that is. I am still babying myself and doing short walks.

Any advice? I find since I turned 60 this year my fears are worse about my health, every day seems like you hear of someone my age or younger dying. I need to find a way to get past this!!!

2. sam908

sam908 Peer Supporter

Why do you start paragraphs with "so" ?

3. Marla

Marla Peer Supporter

Lol, its a bad habit.

Sorry for the long rant.

I ended up doing long walk and feel better. All symptoms gone right now.

sam908 likes this.