1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Diagnosed with Central Sensitization

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by trsalisbury, Oct 18, 2019.

1. trsalisbury

trsalisbury Newcomer

Hi TMS community,

My pain doctor diagnosed me with something called "central sensitization." Has anyone heard of this?

Thanks,
    Tim

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome trsalisbury,

Yes, I think there is a general consensus in the
    "TMS community" that central sensitization is a form of TMS, or activated by similar processes. That is that it is caused by inner tension or "stress induced." Or, put a different way, that inner danger/alarm signals---which we have biologically to keep ourselves safe, are activated in ways which you feel physically.

Or, put in reverse, we might say all TMS pain is a form of what you've been diagnosed with. It is a catch-all phrase which may refer to "unexplained pain in more than one area."

Reading online now that some descriptions refer to spinal and nervous systems that are "out of wack." Don't let this scare you. This is likely the only way the mainstream medical folks can explain the symptoms. Dr. Sarno knew all of this, and how to treat it decades ago...

This means, importantly that treatment is the same as any other TMS symptom. For this I recommend you go to the Wiki section, and find and start either Alan Gordon's program or the SEP. Please post questions and ideas, and responses to the programs if you engage.

I would not fear this diagnosis, but rather see it as an opportunity to learn more about yourself! This is a condition which is workable with these techniques.

Good luck in your work, if you go this route.

Andy